Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best diet pill for not causing harmful side effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best diet pill for not causing harmful side effects?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best diet pill(s) that work and won't cause bad side effects, like mood swings, insomnia, anxiety, the shakes, etc. I'm very sensitive to lots of ingredients (especially chemical ingredients), as well as artificial flavoring and coloring.

I've never personally tried a diet pill, but I have been thinking about it for some time. Part of the reason why I haven't tried anything yet is because of your question. Unfortunately, based on my own research and from what I've learned from others both on this forum and outside of it,I believe that any diet pill product (whether prescription or OTC) has the potential to produce harmful side effects in a person. It all depends on your body, current state of health, if you are taking other medications, allergies to certain ingredients, etc. There is no question that some OTC pills carry less of a risk than prescription diet drugs like Phentermine, but the bottom line is that there is always a risk, regardless of what you might take. Read reviews, check out the ingredients list, know what medications or health problems you may have and how they could interact with the medication to reduce your risk.

Comment

Try trimthin I heard good things.

Comment

That's different for every person. Like some people might get those side effects from stimulants because they're sensitive to that so you should avoid stimulant pills or take a lower dose than the maximum, which also works. Also, avoid pills that contain bad ingredients that are banned or that are known to be problematic like ephedra, ephedrine, ma huang, bitter orange, and others like that. If it looks like a pill has been anywhere near those, move to the next one.

Comment

I agree with BigBobby. There really isn't a diet pill I could recommend. It's simply a matter of finding ones you like that seem to fit your weight loss goals, and then discussing them with your doctor. Also, as M-Stark334 pointed out, there is always a risk, even when the risk is only slight. When taking any pills read everything about it and pay attention to how your body reacts. Essentially, you want to make sure that the benefits of the pill outweigh any potential risks of side effects that may occur.

Comment

Alright. Thanks for the tips. I was kind of hoping that some diet pill products could have been recommended, but what you have said make sense. Thanks for giving a suggestion Babybuttons!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
              Try trimthin I heard good things.
              Ya, that's a good one. I like that and I like ones based just on vitamins (b vitamins are great for weight loss) or b vitamines combined with green tea, like the one they sell at the pharmacy and health food store that comes in a big tub. I can't remember what it's called. It's something like "Go Green" or "Green Health". It has a white package with bright green on the label and the lid.

Comment

Working...
              X