X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KittyKatt
    replied
    Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
    Yeah. Essentially if an ingredient has the letters "ephedr" in that order, just avoid it. It doesn't matter if it is ephedra or ephedrine, they're both bad news and they've been banned for a reason. It's a real shame that sketchy manufacturers use it because you'd like to think that even if people are going to sell disappointing products that don't work that they at least won't cause you any harm.
    I agree. The only exception I've found is ephedrazine. That's a made-up ingredient that contains a number of different stimulant-containing ingredients (mostly caffeine). It isn't ephedra in any form but it is clearly trying to pretend it's similar since it was named that way.

Leave a comment:

• WolfMoon
    replied
    Yeah. Essentially if an ingredient has the letters "ephedr" in that order, just avoid it. It doesn't matter if it is ephedra or ephedrine, they're both bad news and they've been banned for a reason. It's a real shame that sketchy manufacturers use it because you'd like to think that even if people are going to sell disappointing products that don't work that they at least won't cause you any harm.

Leave a comment:

• enviroTodd
    replied
    I'm under the impression that they're both different versions of the same thing. It's my understanding that they're both banned and, like Tony1968 said, they should both be avoided. You won't gain any advantage by using questionable ingredients in your diet pills so just skip them altogether and go for what you know is safe.

Leave a comment:

• Tony1968
    replied
    I don't think it's any safer or any worse. I think it's just as bad and I think it's wise that you wouldn't want to risk taking it cause of the side effects.

Leave a comment:

• PamelaPoison
    started a topic ephedrine

ephedrine

Just came across a diet pill that contains ephedrine, not ephedra. Does anyone know if ephedrine is as safe as ephedra used to be before it was banned. I heard it really worked but I wouldn’t want to risk the side effects from it because it was killing people.
Working...
X