Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAD full spectrum lights instead of pills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAD full spectrum lights instead of pills?

I've seen a lot of articles shared on Facebook talking about SAD full spectrum lights. They're supposed to replicate daylight when we don't get it in winter so we don't end up with seasonal affective disorder. Some say it stops weight gain and some say it even helps weight loss. Could I do this instead of - or even on top of - diet pills for weight control this winter?

If it does work, it would likely help you maintain a healthier mental and emotional mindset, which can help with weight loss, because how effective we are at losing weight isn't only about the changes we make physically. When you aren't depressed you're way more likely to stay motivated. Personally, I would combine the lights with a diet pill I like for optimal benefits, because the diet pill can help with things like energy or giving me more focus, while I feel the lights would help to keep me in a more positive mindset, but that's just me.

Comment

I think using those lights are a great idea. I honestly believe that they can help! You can definitely combine those lights with diet pills. If you don't want to take diet pills, there's no harm in just giving the lights a try to see how well they work for you! If I were to use only the lights, though, personally, I would make sure that I have a weight loss strategy in mind that I intend to follow alongside using them (diet pills or not) Hope you find success with it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        I've seen a lot of articles shared on Facebook talking about SAD full spectrum lights. They're supposed to replicate daylight when we don't get it in winter so we don't end up with seasonal affective disorder. Some say it stops weight gain and some say it even helps weight loss. Could I do this instead of - or even on top of - diet pills for weight control this winter?
        I've heard about those lights, too. I do think that they can help with replicating daylight, which can help boost your mood if you are someone who is susceptible to SAD. Not feeling down can help avoid emotional eating and may help keep up motivation to remain more positive and active. That said, beyond that, I don't believe that they stop weight gain or help with weight loss in any significant way. They can offer support like diet pills can, but, ultimately it all comes down to our eating and workout strategies. Giving the lights a try is definitely a cool idea, but I wouldn't expect anything from them beyond what a sunny day gives you.

Comment

If your SAD symptoms are causing you to overeat or struggle to exercise, or if they are ruining your healthy sleep patterns, then they will be standing in the way of weight loss and may be causing weight gain. Therefore, if you use the light and it removes your SAD symptoms, you will be better able to keep up better eating, exercising and sleeping patterns. You'll be more likely to be successful In that way, yes, I think it works.

Comment

Thanks! I hadn't thought of it quite from that angle. Looks like everyone else but me did though haha!

Comment

It's always good to see things from a new angle Happy Holidays Bethie! Have as good of a Christmas as you can and a great new year!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                It's always good to see things from a new angle Happy Holidays Bethie! Have as good of a Christmas as you can and a great new year!
                Happy holidays to you, too, Speeddemon! I hope Santa is nice to you. "See" you here in 2021!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Happy holidays to you, too, Speeddemon! I hope Santa is nice to you. "See" you here in 2021!
                  Oh, he was nice to me. I'm feeling positive about 2021. I hope that you are, too. Are you still thinking about getting the SAD lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Oh, he was nice to me. I'm feeling positive about 2021. I hope that you are, too. Are you still thinking about getting the SAD lights?
                    I'm glad Santa put you on the nice list haha. It's good to feel positive about this year. After all was said and done, I didn't end up getting the lights. It was too confusing to try to figure out which option was best. There's everything from something you plug into your computer USB port to a massive light box on a stand for over a $1000. I couldn't figure out what facts to believe so I gave up. I'll just sit near a window and hope the sun comes out hahaha.

Comment

Working...
                    X