Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a natural sleep aid help with dieting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a natural sleep aid help with dieting?

I know that getting sufficient rest on a continual basis can help with weight loss and weight management, but I'm not someone who gets great sleep at the best of times and lately my sleep has been just horrible. Would it be helpful for me to take an OTC sleep aid? Is this more likely to work for or against my weight loss goals, do you think?

Getting a good night of sleep is always helpful to your wellness, including making it easier to lose weight. If you find a sleep aid that works to help you get sleep, you'll find you're more alert, motivated, and less dependent on comfort foods during the daytime. I say go for it and give it a try. Sleep is really important for you regardless of whether or not it helps you to lose weight...though it really should help to make weight loss less of a struggle!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
      Getting a good night of sleep is always helpful to your wellness, including making it easier to lose weight. If you find a sleep aid that works to help you get sleep, you'll find you're more alert, motivated, and less dependent on comfort foods during the daytime. I say go for it and give it a try. Sleep is really important for you regardless of whether or not it helps you to lose weight...though it really should help to make weight loss less of a struggle!
      Exactly! Sleep is so important to both your physical and mental wellbeing. I'm a completely different person when I lack sleep. When I am regularly well rested I'm naturally less stressed, more alert, more logical, and in a far better place to make healthy choices in my life, whether it be food, exercise, or anything else. If you do find a sleep aid that works for you, that's a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        Oh, great! Thanks That's what I was hoping. Now I just need to find something that works.

Comment

Working...
        X