X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean
    started a topic Alertness from diet pill vs energy drink

Alertness from diet pill vs energy drink

I'm starting to see a lot of diet pills are being sold for energy and alertness. I guess this is the latest trend? But why would I want that from a diet pill when I could just have an energy drink?

• BabyButtons
    replied
    Exactly!! I'd rather have a warning and the opportunity to educate myself than assume that something is safe when they don't know it is. Nothing bothers me more when people claim that somthing is safe, effective or healthy for you when there is zero proof that it is!

Leave a comment:

• enviroTodd
    replied
    Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
    Oh Wow! I had no idea that some countries have put warning labels on these products! That's so smart! Why don't we have these? I find it upsetting how lax some of the government's regulations are when it comes to our health and wellbeing. I know that putting warning labels won't stop everyone from making certain bad decisions, but for those of us who would like to be informed it would be a nice change!
    I agree. It seems pathetic that we should be among the only developed countries that don't question things like this and that aren't looking at the research to protect the people. I'd like to think that if I buy a food or a drink, someone other than me has looked into whether or not it's safe. They don't have to ban things if they aren't sure, but if they aren't sure, it would be nice to warn us about it!

Leave a comment:

• BabyButtons
    replied
    Oh Wow! I had no idea that some countries have put warning labels on these products! That's so smart! Why don't we have these? I find it upsetting how lax some of the government's regulations are when it comes to our health and wellbeing. I know that putting warning labels won't stop everyone from making certain bad decisions, but for those of us who would like to be informed it would be a nice change!

Leave a comment:

• enviroTodd
    replied

Yes. It`s why I find it so scary that anyone can just walk into a store and buy them. It`s shocking how much potentially dangerous foods and drinks are readily available and we don`t think much about the negative effects they can have on our body. Every time I see high school kids with energy drinks all I can think about is what long-term effects will those drinks have on their bodies?
    Many other countries around the world have warning labels on those products. Some restrict them so that only people over the age of 18 years can buy them. They limit the purchase of energy drinks like they do with alcohol. I'm not huge on restricting things too much but I have to say that it's likely a smart move in that case. Stimulants are a drug. When used right, they can be safe, but you need to make the right decisions. Until you have the right education, you stop feeling invincible and you've lived a little, it's not as likely that the correct decisions will be made.

Leave a comment:

• BabyButtons
    replied
    Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

I have that same problem. It's from giving my body a burst of stimulants along with all the sugars and/or chemicals from those drinks. The body didn't evolve to receive energy in that way. While it does get energy from it, it's a negative energy. It comes with unwanted repercussions.
    Yes. It`s why I find it so scary that anyone can just walk into a store and buy them. It`s shocking how much potentially dangerous foods and drinks are readily available and we don`t think much about the negative effects they can have on our body. Every time I see high school kids with energy drinks all I can think about is what long-term effects will those drinks have on their bodies?

Leave a comment:

• enviroTodd
    replied

That's a really good point brightstar! I've noticed the same and typically avoid energy drinks now because of it. I find that they don't just wake me up, they push me right over the edge and make me feel hyper and a little out of control. My heart rate increases too much too. It's not like I just want to get up and move but more like I can't calm down, if that makes any sense! I agree that the gradual stimulant dose I get from pills is easier for me than the spike and crash, too...and it's really a crash! I go from feeling over-stimulated to kinda wanting to go to bed LOL. It's kinda scary to think that just anyone can purchase energy drinks. In a way, they can be kinda dangerous if you're not careful with them.
    I have that same problem. It's from giving my body a burst of stimulants along with all the sugars and/or chemicals from those drinks. The body didn't evolve to receive energy in that way. While it does get energy from it, it's a negative energy. It comes with unwanted repercussions.

Leave a comment:

• BabyButtons
    replied
    Originally posted by brightstar View Post
    I find that an energy drink gives me a huge blast of energy all at once and if I don't eat something or do something active, I can get jittery. The diet pills Im using right now give me energy but more gradually and in a lasting way. I can't stand a spike and crash, so I choose my pills over the energy drinks I've tried.
    That's a really good point brightstar! I've noticed the same and typically avoid energy drinks now because of it. I find that they don't just wake me up, they push me right over the edge and make me feel hyper and a little out of control. My heart rate increases too much too. It's not like I just want to get up and move but more like I can't calm down, if that makes any sense! I agree that the gradual stimulant dose I get from pills is easier for me than the spike and crash, too...and it's really a crash! I go from feeling over-stimulated to kinda wanting to go to bed LOL. It's kinda scary to think that just anyone can purchase energy drinks. In a way, they can be kinda dangerous if you're not careful with them.

Leave a comment:

• brightstar
    replied
    I find that an energy drink gives me a huge blast of energy all at once and if I don't eat something or do something active, I can get jittery. The diet pills Im using right now give me energy but more gradually and in a lasting way. I can't stand a spike and crash, so I choose my pills over the energy drinks I've tried.

Leave a comment:

• suzieQ
    replied
    You probably could get it from an energy drink. That said, there's something about those drinks that scare me. I think a decent diet pill may be a better option because you're meant to take it a set time and for a reason. It's meant to be used in conjunction with a health diet and exercise...energy drinks contain a lot of ingredients that might not necessarily be great for your weight loss endeavors, like sugar. Plus, how many will you need to drink in a day to get the energy you want?

Leave a comment:

• Whirlybird
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
    That's a really good question Bean. Honestly, I don't see much of a difference. Personally, in my experience, diet pills that don't have a stimulant ingredient don't work very well. I guess the only real benefit, as M-Stark334 pointed out is that diet pills don't typically have flavoring and sugar added to them. That said, I honestly couldn't really tell you if one would be better than the other. Ultimately, I don't think it's necessarily what gives you the energy, but what you do with the energy you get that matters. You know what I mean?
    That's true. It's not really that you get energy. You can get energy from a lot of stuff. It's the kind of energy and how long it lasts. Plus, what you do with it once you have it. Good thinking.

Leave a comment:

• Charlotte
    replied
    That's a really good question Bean. Honestly, I don't see much of a difference. Personally, in my experience, diet pills that don't have a stimulant ingredient don't work very well. I guess the only real benefit, as M-Stark334 pointed out is that diet pills don't typically have flavoring and sugar added to them. That said, I honestly couldn't really tell you if one would be better than the other. Ultimately, I don't think it's necessarily what gives you the energy, but what you do with the energy you get that matters. You know what I mean?

Leave a comment:

• M-Stark334
    replied
    I think maybe because the diet pills have a little more too them than just energy and alertness...plus, with an energy drink, I think they contain a lot of sugar and they probably wear off quicker. Sometimes energy and alertness pills don't contain stimulants either. They might use other ingredients to help support natural energy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X