What's your top ingredient?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your top ingredient?

When looking for a non-prescription diet pill, I'm curious to know if there is a specific ingredient you guys look for. I mean, is there one specific type of ingredient that needs to be a part of the formula for you to consider it (e.g. caffeine, green tea, capsicum, etc.)?

Personally, I don't have one. I tend to make sure the ingredients don't contain stuff that I think is questionable like synephrine, ephedra, etc. or that I feel like is useless like hoodia.

Thoughts?

I like a bit of caffeine in mine but also green tea. The caffeine doesn't sound like much but it keeps me going. As soon as my energy dips, I want to snack, so for me, energy really is key. I agree though, not ephedra or synephrine. That's too dangerous. Just a helping hand for energy, that's all that's needed.

Comment

I think L-tyrosine and caffeine combined. I like how they give energy but keep jitters away.

Comment

I like caffeine and I like caffeine, chromium and capsicum. I feel like they work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
          I like a bit of caffeine in mine but also green tea. The caffeine doesn't sound like much but it keeps me going. As soon as my energy dips, I want to snack, so for me, energy really is key. I agree though, not ephedra or synephrine. That's too dangerous. Just a helping hand for energy, that's all that's needed.
          Exactly, Bethie! It's all about the bit of energy boost for me. I feel like it's the only thing that really works. None of the appetite suppressant and fat burning and claims really seem to amount to anything. I feel like your diet and how much you exercise is always up to you. That said, when I have caffeine or another kind of energy booster like that I can actually feel the difference and while it might not make me feel less hungry and while I don't see the fat slipping off my body, at the same time I'm not so tired so I feel like I'm more prone to just making better choices, you know?
          Last edited by Speeddemon; 08-27-2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post
            I like caffeine and I like caffeine, chromium and capsicum. I feel like they work for me.
            Why chromium?

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post

Why chromium?
              That's an excellent question. I have no idea how that helps with weight loss. I mean, I've seen it a lot in diet pills, but I kind of think of it in the same way that I think when they add things like calcium. Sure, it's fine for your health and all, but I don't see how it helps with weight loss.

Comment

chromium is supposed to help keep your blood sugar levels even. The idea is that if you don't have spikes and crashes, you're less likely to have sugar cravings. If you don't have the sugar cravings, you might not overeat sugar so much. Still, it's not considered proven. It hasn't actually been connected with weight loss even if it does help with blood sugar. 🤷

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
                  chromium is supposed to help keep your blood sugar levels even. The idea is that if you don't have spikes and crashes, you're less likely to have sugar cravings. If you don't have the sugar cravings, you might not overeat sugar so much. Still, it's not considered proven. It hasn't actually been connected with weight loss even if it does help with blood sugar. 🤷
                  Bethie you are a fountain of knowledge! That said, wouldn't it be great if there were studies that proved the claims made about top weight loss ingredients? LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X