Aspire assist - does this make sense?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire assist - does this make sense?

Out of curiosity, I've been looking into weight loss surgery alternatives and I've come across something called "Aspire Assist". After looking into it, I'm honestly shocked that the FDA would approve this. I mean...what in the world is the long-term benefit of hooking your gut up to a tube so you can empty up to 30% of the food you eat at a meal? I mean, isn't that just telling people, "Hey, go ahead and eat whatever you want, you can just empty out part of it and not worry about it." To me this sounds like a bad quick fix. Have I looked into this wrong?

I agree. This looks really sketchy. It's supposed to be milder and reversable. To me, it doesn't look trustworthy. It just looks like yet another thing that will end up causing problems and then being banned after a short time. HOw is this even helping people? It's not setting anyone up for long-term. This is disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      I agree. This looks really sketchy. It's supposed to be milder and reversable. To me, it doesn't look trustworthy. It just looks like yet another thing that will end up causing problems and then being banned after a short time. HOw is this even helping people? It's not setting anyone up for long-term. This is disappointing.
      I agree! Never mind the lack of long-term benefits, but how can this be safe?? This just screams infection to me!

Comment

I'm starting to really wonder about the types of things that are getting approval. Is it easy to get approval or are these things a lot safer than they sound, they just sound bad?

Comment

Cool. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that this sounds freaky and kinda ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
            Cool. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that this sounds freaky and kinda ridiculous!
            Nope, this wouldn't be for me, either. I'd pretty much have to try every other thing before I'd look to this or anything like it.

Comment

Working...
            X