Addiction not an issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addiction not an issue

Has anyone else heard that there have been studies that have proven people who take phentermine - even for the long term - as a weight loss treatment do not become addicted to it and they don't have withdrawal symptoms? Is this something new that they just found out? Either way, I think this is pretty good news. At least there's one less dangerous side effect associated with this medication. I mean, I know it still has some serious side effects linked to it, but it's nice to see that addiction doesn't need to be a worry for most people, especially if they take it as prescribed.

I haven't seen studies, but I know that not all people who use Phentermine end up addicted or with withdrawal symptoms. Some use it without that problem. They're usually the ones who use it for a shorter time and who use it exactly like their doctors prescribe.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
      I haven't seen studies, but I know that not all people who use Phentermine end up addicted or with withdrawal symptoms. Some use it without that problem. They're usually the ones who use it for a shorter time and who use it exactly like their doctors prescribe.
      I also think that the risk of addiction may be higher in people who have a history of substance abuse.

Comment

Hmm. I guess this is true. That said, I'm curious to learn if they studied Phentermine now as an obesity treatment how would the findings compare to studies they did years and years ago. I wonder how much would be the same and how much would be different. I mean, it's kinda nutty how long phentermine has been around! Wasn't it approved by the FDA in the 1960's or something?

Comment

Working...
        X