exercising for 10 minutes a day can make a world of difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exercising for 10 minutes a day can make a world of difference

We all know that exercising can help shed the extra weight, but I've recently been learning just how good it is for your overall health and wellbeing and how even doing just a bit of it can be fantastic. Recent news from the telegraph revealed that even just exercising 10 minutes a day can help to save disability form arthritis! Has anyone else heard about this or other ways that a bit of fitness can go a long way for health? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ity-arthritis/

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
    We all know that exercising can help shed the extra weight, but I've recently been learning just how good it is for your overall health and wellbeing and how even doing just a bit of it can be fantastic. Recent news from the telegraph revealed that even just exercising 10 minutes a day can help to save disability form arthritis! Has anyone else heard about this or other ways that a bit of fitness can go a long way for health? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ity-arthritis/
    It's basically that if you do any moderate to intense exercise per day, you're doing better than if you weren't. This has to be pretty good exercise, though. Just strolling around doesn't count. But if you pour yourself into those 10 minutes, you'll definitely do something for your body.

Comment

Since what you eat is way more important than your workouts for weight loss, aim for 30 minutes of exercise, but if all you can get is 10 minutes on some days, don't be too hard on yourself. Just make sure you still watch what you eat.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
        Since what you eat is way more important than your workouts for weight loss, aim for 30 minutes of exercise, but if all you can get is 10 minutes on some days, don't be too hard on yourself. Just make sure you still watch what you eat.
        I agree! If you're only going to work out for 10 minutes, you better make sure that you're watching your calorie intake or those 10 minutes are going to do squat. Exercise isn't always easy but it's necessary so you really just need to do it and stop giving yourself excuses of why you can't. Exercise needs to become a priority in your life. It shouldn't ever be something that's optional, especially when there are so many ways you can work it into your daily life. Honestly, consider buying a treadmil, bike or one of those walker machine-things and do your exercises while you watch your favourite TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post

I agree! If you're only going to work out for 10 minutes, you better make sure that you're watching your calorie intake or those 10 minutes are going to do squat. Exercise isn't always easy but it's necessary so you really just need to do it and stop giving yourself excuses of why you can't. Exercise needs to become a priority in your life. It shouldn't ever be something that's optional, especially when there are so many ways you can work it into your daily life. Honestly, consider buying a treadmil, bike or one of those walker machine-things and do your exercises while you watch your favourite TV.
          That's a good point. I couldn't agree more. If you get a recumbant exercise bike you can just chill, lean back and pedal away while you watch Netflix!

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post

That's a good point. I couldn't agree more. If you get a recumbant exercise bike you can just chill, lean back and pedal away while you watch Netflix!
            Yes! I love exercising and watching my favorite shows Netflix and Hulu have really been great for my weight loss plan!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Yes! I love exercising and watching my favorite shows Netflix and Hulu have really been great for my weight loss plan!
              That's fantastic, BabyButtons . For most people, watching videos is one of the reasons they aren't losing weight. For you, it's a part of a healthy program!

Comment

Yes definitely the 10 minute workout can make a lot of difference in one's life. HIIT Workout are the best for the people as the workout help you in enduring your strength.

Comment

Originally posted by robinsonsjacob View Post
                  Yes definitely the 10 minute workout can make a lot of difference in one's life. HIIT Workout are the best for the people as the workout help you in enduring your strength.
                  I agree! HIIT is the way to go. Also, when using HIIT make sure you're paying attention to the accuracy of your moves. I just read an article that said that HIIT is sending way more people to hospital with injuries than traditional workouts, especially men. So do HIIT, but do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post

I agree! HIIT is the way to go. Also, when using HIIT make sure you're paying attention to the accuracy of your moves. I just read an article that said that HIIT is sending way more people to hospital with injuries than traditional workouts, especially men. So do HIIT, but do it right.
                    Really? What's happening? Is it heart problems? Why is HIIT causing injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post

Where did you read about it????

Comment

Originally posted by robinsonsjacob View Post

Where did you read about it????
                        I saw something similar. May be the same one. It was in this article: https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articl...ork-out-safely It points to the The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness from research published in February 2019 where it says that ankle and knee sprains are more common in HIIT than in regular exercise and concludes that it's important that physicians better direct people doing this kind of workout so they can protect themselves from getting hurt. The study is here: https://www.minervamedica.it/en/jour...99N00A19021210 I guess that's the same one? It shows the same thing, at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by robinsonsjacob

Ankle and knee sprain can happen to anyone in any form of workout, it is you who have to take care of all the factors that can hurt you. Well also thanks for sharing.
                          I couldn't agree more. I was only pointing out that the odds of injury are higher with HIIT and that I'd seen studies that suggested as much. We do all need to take care, I didn't mean that nobody should do HIIT. I do HIIT. We're all on the same side here.

Comment

Working...
                          X