Suddenly lost all motivation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly lost all motivation

This summer, I was super motivated. i was really going every single day. I had to practically force myself to take a day off exercising to rest because I was really enjoying it. Now, we've had a couple of cool days and it's like my body already flipped into winter hibernation mode. I just don't seem to care about it. I'm not even getting my minimum step goal. What do I do? I don't even care about my music playlist I love. Have I lost it? Is it done?

I know what you mean. I'm kinda going through the same thing. I don't really care much about working out anymore either. I think it might be the weather, but I'm not going to worry about it too much right now. I find that any time I start freaking out about suddenly losing my groove I tend to get very stressed and make the situation worse. You'll find something new that will work for you. I'd recommend that instead of trying to get back into your old routine, find a new one. Maybe you need a new playlist, a new exercise regimen, etc. You might find that you'll do well to create a routine that works best for each season.

Comment

I have to agree with Janet. It's not that it's lost or done, but I think you need to find a new routine. When seasons change, our bodies tend to change, too. If you find that you still don't have motivation in a week or two, maybe consider that perhaps your issue isn't the changing season but could be something health-related. Hopefully it'll pass for you Bean and a little change of pace is all you need

Comment

Maybe it's not the season as much as you're feeling tired or maybe depressed? How's your mental state Bean? I find when I'm tired, especially exhausted, feeling overly stressed or down, I don't have the normal motivation I have to move, period. I even find getting up to the do the simplest of tasks a hardship. Chances are that no matter if it's the weather or your feeling tired, etc. it will eventually pass and you will get back into the swing of things

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post
          Maybe it's not the season as much as you're feeling tired or maybe depressed? How's your mental state Bean? I find when I'm tired, especially exhausted, feeling overly stressed or down, I don't have the normal motivation I have to move, period. I even find getting up to the do the simplest of tasks a hardship. Chances are that no matter if it's the weather or your feeling tired, etc. it will eventually pass and you will get back into the swing of things
          Good point. Or it could be all those things playing off each other. I get a bit messed up when the days suddenly start feeling colder and shorter. So it could be the season, plus being tired, depressed and the whole package just messing with things. I hope you're figuring it out and getting better Bean.

Comment

Working...
          X