Veggie portion sizes can be huge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veggie portion sizes can be huge

I think my favorite tip I've realized this year is that veggie portion sizes can be enormous. I love that I can pile them on my plate and not really impact my calories by much. If I'm hungry, just pile more veggies on my plate. Why did I not realize this before?

That's really true. I don't find veggies fill me up too much but I suppose if I eat enough of them, they really will, and at least they'll stop me from eating the heavier stuff, too.

Comment

That's especially true of dark green veggies. You could practically eat all the food you'd ever want if you stuck to that category

Comment

Non-starchy veggies mostly can do that. If you go too hog wild with things like sweet potatoes, you'll load up your calories really fast. Potatoes, too. Anythign starchy.

Comment

Even when I eat a huge amount of veggies, I never feel filled up. I would need to eat the amount of a family-size salad bowl just to make a dent...and I'd still have room for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post
            Even when I eat a huge amount of veggies, I never feel filled up. I would need to eat the amount of a family-size salad bowl just to make a dent...and I'd still have room for dessert.
            For me, it depends on the vegetable...but I have room for dessert even when I'm extremely full, so that's not really a fair way to measure haha.

Comment

Working...
            X