Cholesterol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cholesterol

I'm really confused about eggs. Some people say they're good for you and others say you should eat the whites because the yolk is high in cholesterol. If I have a boiled egg (1) everyday is this really bad for me? I like eggs because I find they are a great source of protein and they really help to fill me up.

Go ahead and eat your eggs if you're healthy. They are very good for you. Mostly, they're considered a superfood. Sure, you shouldn't have too many of them, but if you want to have one every day, it won't hurt anything at all. In fact, it's a healthy food. Increasing research is showing that cholesterol in food is not translating to cholesterol in the bloodstream. They're two different things. You shouldn't eat too much of any good thing, but still, go ahead and eat eggs.

Comment

Really? That's interesting eT. So what cholesterols do hit the bloodstream? Trans fats I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        Really? That's interesting eT. So what cholesterols do hit the bloodstream? Trans fats I guess?
        From how I understand it I think eating certain things can have an effect on your cholesterol in either a good or a bad way. When you eat foods that can increase your bad (LDL) cholesterol, such as trans fats for instance, over time, this can lead to a build up in the artery walls making them hard and narrow, which increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, heart attack etc. That said, eggs aren't the type of cholesterol that are going to hurt you like that, unless as enviroTodd has pointed out, you already have an issue with cholesterol. I certainly wouldn't go overboard with eating eggs, but having a boiled egg a day certainly shouldn't hurt. After all, remember that how you cook an egg can contribute to how good/bad it is for you. For example, a poached or boiled egg is 10x healthier for your than one that is fried in oil or butter.

Comment

Working...
        X