Tips for healthy eating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for healthy eating

Hi everyone! I want to make positive changes to my diet and really improve my health. That said, everything feels so daunting and I'm not sure where to get started. Does anyone have any tips they can share to help me get organized and started? Thanks!

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post
    Hi everyone! I want to make positive changes to my diet and really improve my health. That said, everything feels so daunting and I'm not sure where to get started. Does anyone have any tips they can share to help me get organized and started? Thanks!
    Other than the usual recommendation to speak with a doctor, dietitian and physical trainer, I'd say get yourself motivated and start educating yourself. I like YouTube channels that are well researched and feature trustworthy doctors. One I like most is Healthcare Triage. Look for playlists/videos about healthy lifestyle and diet. Dr. Aaron Carroll talks about those subjects a lot. He speaks in accessible language but everything he says is backed up by research, which he cites in the video descriptions so you can check them out for yourself.

Comment

I say, get started with your breakfast. Clean it up and make it super nutritious and filling. That way, you'll start your day with the right attitude. It makes it easier to keep up your efforts when you start high.

Comment

I'd say the easiest thing you can do to get started is to look at your average day and pick out the unhealthiest thing you do. Then, improve that. Do you usually get take-out for lunch? get healthier take out. Or, bring your lunch 4 days per week and just get take-out once instead of all five days. Something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
          I'd say the easiest thing you can do to get started is to look at your average day and pick out the unhealthiest thing you do. Then, improve that. Do you usually get take-out for lunch? get healthier take out. Or, bring your lunch 4 days per week and just get take-out once instead of all five days. Something like that.
          I gotta say, I think that this is the best tip of the bunch. You already know you've got bad habits, clearly you already want to change them. By finding one that is really bothering you and focusing on eliminating it, you'll be off to a great start. Then, once you've got that one under control, you can move on to others.

Comment

I agree, Speeddemon . Whirlybird that's a good tip. Gradual self improvement and getting more mindful about what you're doing is what people are allways recommending and you've put it into words that make it something we can actually do. Like, if i always have sugary cereal for breakfast, I can swap to a healthy one. or if I eat white bread, I can find a multigrain one I like. Once I've got that as a habit, I can move on to the next improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              I agree, Speeddemon . Whirlybird that's a good tip. Gradual self improvement and getting more mindful about what you're doing is what people are allways recommending and you've put it into words that make it something we can actually do. Like, if i always have sugary cereal for breakfast, I can swap to a healthy one. or if I eat white bread, I can find a multigrain one I like. Once I've got that as a habit, I can move on to the next improvement.
              Yes! I agree. I think this is a great way to start improving your health for the better in a very realistic way. So many of us want to go full tilt and while we can do it for a while, the novelty wears off pretty quickly and then we just don't want to do it anymore. It's not easy changing habits, even the tiny ones. Once you become used to something you don't even realize sometimes that you're doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
                Thanks so much for this tip!! I never even thought of doing this but this was exactly the recommendation I was looking for. I need to start with something easy that I feel I can manage a work my way up from there! Pure genius You should write a book LOL

Comment

I say, identify the worst thing you eat, then get rid of it. Then, wait a week and do it with the next worst thing. Keep doing that until you've gotten rid of most of the disaster foods you're eating on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                  X