Is coconut healthy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is coconut healthy?

I guess the time of coconut oil being considered super healthy has come and gone. It's more like other oils in health. But is coconut itself (not sweetened) healthy? Coconut milk and the flesh? I'd been eating more of it because I thought it was good for me, but is it?

I think it's good for you, but isn't it high in fat? If it is high in fat, I think it might better to limit the amount of it you ingest.

Comment

I think it's good for you,t oo. Just have a bit of it and like you said, make sure you get the unsweetened kind. Also, if you get it dry, get the kind without sulfates, too.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        I think it's good for you,t oo. Just have a bit of it and like you said, make sure you get the unsweetened kind. Also, if you get it dry, get the kind without sulfates, too.
        Yeah, I agree. Think of coconut oil in the same way that you think of avocado. It's really healthy and good for you, but in the right quantities. If you eat too much of the stuff, you will pack on the pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Yeah, I agree. Think of coconut oil in the same way that you think of avocado. It's really healthy and good for you, but in the right quantities. If you eat too much of the stuff, you will pack on the pounds.
          I think hte same. Ya, olive oil or avocado oil or coconut oil can be good for you, but not if you drink a glass of the stuff. We're talking a tablespoon or two in a day to get the benefits. It's something very healthy but has huge calories, too. Plus, like a lot of good things, the benefits happen within a certain range. If you overdo it, then the benefits go away. Just like you can have too much vitamin c or too much iron, you can also have too much of the goodness from fats.

Comment

Working...
          X