X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeSarah
    started a topic Beyond meat and the Impossible Burger

Beyond meat and the Impossible Burger

I really like the idea of eating meat alternatives that have simulated meat flavors and textures. I think this is a clever alternative to meat and it's good for the environment. That said, what I'm wondering is are these product any healthier for you than meat? What are their main ingredients and should I consider them to be the same as eating a fast food burger, health-wise?

• TroyBurger
    replied
    Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post

I think if you want meat, you're going to have to eat meat. If you want a burger, open your mind to the fact that they don't all need to taste like beef. There are a lot of great tasting other flavors you can put on a bun with different toppings.
    I agree. Either eat meat or just accept the fact that no alternative is going to be the same.

Leave a comment:

• KittyKatt
    replied
    Originally posted by MeSarah View Post
    Well that's disappointing to hear. I guess I'll just try some of these alternatives out for myself and see what I think. I'm just tired of all the meat alternatives that are nothing like meat, like bean and tofu burgers.
    I think if you want meat, you're going to have to eat meat. If you want a burger, open your mind to the fact that they don't all need to taste like beef. There are a lot of great tasting other flavors you can put on a bun with different toppings.

Leave a comment:

• MeSarah
    replied
    Well that's disappointing to hear. I guess I'll just try some of these alternatives out for myself and see what I think. I'm just tired of all the meat alternatives that are nothing like meat, like bean and tofu burgers.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    I haven't found a simulated meat I like. I've stopped trying things. Every time someone says they've found something that tastes just like beef or whatever, I know I'm going to be disapointed.

Leave a comment:

• Bethie
    replied
    It depends on the product you choose. There are some healthy meat alternatives meant to simulate meat. I choose those as a treat. But I've done a lot better when I find veggie burgers and products like that which are not trying to replicate meat. Instead, I look for healthy, flavorful burgers and other plant-based protein products that taste great in a way that is uniquely their own. That way, I like it for what it is, instead of being weirded out by meat alternatives that pretend to be meat but aren't quite right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X