Salmon skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon skin

For my entire life, every time I've eaten salmon I've always removed the skin because I thought that you couldn't eat it because my mom always removed it. Then, last week, at a business dinner, I saw one of my coworkers eating the skin and I was shocked and asked her why she did it. She said that it was the best-tasting part of the fish and also the healthiest. I was stunned! Is she right? Is the fish skin the healthiest part of the fish? I thought it was just the fish itself that was supposed to be amazing for you...

In my opinion, yes, yes, yes. As long as it is cooked crispy, it tastes delicious. It's the perfect complement to the fish itself (which makes sense). It's also where a lot of the healthy oil is found. If you toss the skin, you're losing a lot of the benefits. Plus, if you're paying for a piece of salmon with the skin on, why would you throw away one of the most beneficial parts? If you don't want the skin ,buy it without the skin. It's cheaper. It's seriously delicious and good for you though. Just get it good and crispy...if it's left soft, it's slimy. Really not for me.

Comment

YESSS! I love the skin. It totally is the best part of the fish I recommend eating it and crispy is best

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        YESSS! I love the skin. It totally is the best part of the fish I recommend eating it and crispy is best
        Couldn't agree more. Ever have a salmon skin roll at a Japanese restaurant? Can you tell that I'm drooling?

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post

Couldn't agree more. Ever have a salmon skin roll at a Japanese restaurant? Can you tell that I'm drooling?
          Oh my gosh, no! I didn't even know this existed...I need to head to a Japanese restaurant LOL That seriously sounds sooooo good.

Comment

Working...
          X