Apple cider vinegar and kefir

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple cider vinegar and kefir

I just found a drink that combines apple cider vinegar and kefir culture in one fizzy drink. It's sweetened with stevia leaf extract and has tumeric, ginger extract and black pepper extract, among other things (none are chemicals, I just don't want to list them all). THis sounds really healthy to me and it's only 40 calories for a huge bottle. Is this as good as it sounds?

It sounds good to me. I don't see how it can be bad. I mean I wouldn't drink a bottle several times a day but as one of the beverages you drink, it sounds nice Do you have to make it yourself or is this something you can buy in a store?

Comment

What in the world is kefir culture?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
        What in the world is kefir culture?
        It's actually called kefir grains. It's a few types of bacteria that work together that turn milk into a thicker sort of yogurt-like drink.

Comment

Sounds good to me. That said because it is apple cider vinegar I would still limit my intake of it. Ingesting too much cider vinegar is never a good idea.

Comment

Is it as good for you as everyone seems to say?

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
              Is it as good for you as everyone seems to say?
              I doubt it. Personally, every time some gets a lot of hype about being really good and healthy for you is exaggerated. I don't meant to say that it won't necessarily be beneficial in some way, but I highly doubt it's as amazing as all the claims say. No single beverage can be as good for you as obtaining your nutrients from a wide range of foods.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraNorth View Post

I doubt it. Personally, every time some gets a lot of hype about being really good and healthy for you is exaggerated. I don't meant to say that it won't necessarily be beneficial in some way, but I highly doubt it's as amazing as all the claims say. No single beverage can be as good for you as obtaining your nutrients from a wide range of foods.
                I think they're good for you in the same way an apple is good for you. They have certain things in them that work well with your body. But do I think they make it so that you are going to experience faster weight loss or better health just because you've added those to your diet? Not really. Not more than any other healthy food. All your healthy foods and other lifestyle changes work together. One healthy food won't be a miracle cure in most cases.

Comment

Working...
                X