How to Get Nutrition when Traveling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Get Nutrition when Traveling

I'm going to be spending a lot of time in airports and on planes for the next bit. No liquids, jellies, pastes, etc can go through security. So how do I eat healthy food while i"m traveling without getting stuck eating fast food and vending machine stuff in the airports?

Make sure you eat really well before heading to the airport. Once you're passed security, you should be able to find some type of food that will fit into your diet unless you're going to be at some super-tiny airport. As for the planes themselves...well, unfortunately, unless you manage to score something really good before getting on at one of the restaurants or stores, you'll be stuck with whatever they serve you. I know, there's not many options.

Comment

How much nutrition you get depends on what's available in the stores/restaurants past security. If there isn't much, then you won't have many options. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You're not going to be in an airport or a plane forever. Once you've landed, you'll have whatever you've brought in your suitcase plus more options in new airports and local restaurants, etc. Not following your regular diet for a couple of days isn't going to hurt you. The only exception would be is if you have a medical condition, or something, in which case I'm sure the airline would help accommodate you.

Comment

Hopefully you'll be at airports that have more than vending machines. The bigger airports will definitely have a range of options to accommodate you. It's not the variety that will be the problem but how expensive everything is

Comment

Me again LOL! I have to agree with you Janet ! The cost of everything really is what's killer these days. That said, I get why brightstar is concerned about finding something healthy. It's not easy in some airports because often when you get past security, unless your prepare to drop a fortune, most options are snackbars and things from convenience stores.

I hope you let us know how it goes brightstar
          Last edited by TeensyTiff; 08-20-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X