Corn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corn

Does corn have any real nutritional value? Also, is the corn in corn syrup and corn starch and corn meal, etc, all the same corn? I'm wondering this because my daughter recently developed a sensitivity and I'm a little shocked at how much "corn" there seems to be in everything.

Corn has lots of nutritional value. It's very high in fiber, contains vitamins B and C, magnesium, carotenoids, and even those nutrients good for your eyes lutein and zeazanthin. These are all nutrients you can get elsewhere, but if you eat corn on the cob, that's what you're getting. As far as I know, you don't get that from corn starch, or corn syrup. You probably get a bit of it from corn meal. I know what you mean though. Corn is in everything! I try not to eat it because it's all GMO, but it would take ahuge effort to cut it out altogether.

Comment

They've never really proven corn intolerance exists. Probably something else instead. You should get her tested for celiacs, dairy intolerance, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
        They've never really proven corn intolerance exists. Probably something else instead. You should get her tested for celiacs, dairy intolerance, etc.
        Really? You can't have an allergy to corn? Can't you pretty much have an allergy to anything?

brightstar I have to say I really was under the impression that beyond a big of fiber, corn was pretty much dead in terms of the nutrition department. I guess it's really only corn on the cob that does it though. I suppose canned corn doesn't have much nutrients.

Comment

Working...
        X