anti-inflammatory diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti-inflammatory diet

I’m supposed to follow an anti-inflammatory diet. Can anyone suggest some good foods or recipes for that?
    Last edited by Bean; 11-15-2015, 02:20 PM.

I think tomatoes are a good antiinflammatory food so you could go for anything that has lots of tomatoes. Just watch out for the salt and sugar in pre-made tomato stuff

Comment

A lot of spices and herbs are great anti-inflammatories. If you want to add more flavor to your food, use turmeric, garlic, ginger, basil and others like that.

Comment

For spices stick with cloves, ginger, tumeric, rosemary, cinnamon, sage, and oregano. For whole foods great anti-inflammatory options include blueberries, Matcha (green) tea, shitake mushrooms, salmon, garlic and dark leafy greens.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
          For spices stick with cloves, ginger, tumeric, rosemary, cinnamon, sage, and oregano. For whole foods great anti-inflammatory options include blueberries, Matcha (green) tea, shitake mushrooms, salmon, garlic and dark leafy greens.
          This is a great list. I'm going to keep it on my phone so I have it handy at the grocery store!

Comment

Really? Ginger, cinnamon and garlic are good anti-inflammatories? I find that weird because these foods, especially ginger, is very sharp and bites my tongue.

Comment

Ginger is a surprising food, but it's got so many benefits that I try to make it a natural part of my diet as much as I can. That said, if you are going to take ginger as an anti-inflammatory, I would recommend putting it in smoothies or cooking it in your meals. You'll want to avoid drinking hot tea with ginger. While the ginger will still provide you with benefits, the heat from he tea can cause inflammation. So, if you are going to drink it in tea, let it cool down a bit first.

Comment

Yum! I love ginger!

Comment

are carrots anti-inflammatory?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobby View Post
                    are carrots anti-inflammatory?

Yes, carrots are believed to an anti-inflammatory food because they are rich in vitamin a and beta-carotene. Apparently cooking carrots helps to make these compounds more available.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post

Yes, carrots are believed to an anti-inflammatory food because they are rich in vitamin a and beta-carotene. Apparently cooking carrots helps to make these compounds more available.
                      Any idea why cooking it makes them more available? I always though cooking veggies makes them less nutritious!

Comment

Working...
                      X