Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee and weight loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coffee and weight loss

    I know that brightstar already posted about the recent coffee study, which I think is a pretty cool study. That said, I was kind wondering about what might actually be the cause. I mean, sure, it might be the caffeine that's helping, but what other ingredients are in coffee that could actually be useful. I mean, to be honest, beyond knowing it contains caffeine I don't know what else is in a coffee bean. You know how in green tea there is ECCG or whatever? Is there something like that in coffee?
    Last edited by Freddy; 07-02-2019, 02:06 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Freddy View Post
    I know that brightstar already posted about the recent coffee study, which I think is a pretty cool study. That said, I was kind wondering about what might actually be the cause. I mean, sure, it might be the caffeine that's helping, but what other ingredients are in coffee that could actually be useful. I mean, to be honest, beyond knowing it contains caffeine I don't know what else is in a coffee bean. You know how in green tea there is ECCG or whatever? Is there something like that in coffee?
    There are a lot of different substances in coffee, depending on its state when you use it (green, etc). If you ask me, I'd bet that the results they measured were from the caffeine because that ingredient has been shown to have thermogenic effects in a lot of prior studies. THis is the first one where they actually found out the impact of thermogenesis on brown fat but I bet that's it. THere are other parts of coffee linked with fat burning too but I really think it's the caffeine.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MadMike View Post

      There are a lot of different substances in coffee, depending on its state when you use it (green, etc). If you ask me, I'd bet that the results they measured were from the caffeine because that ingredient has been shown to have thermogenic effects in a lot of prior studies. THis is the first one where they actually found out the impact of thermogenesis on brown fat but I bet that's it. THere are other parts of coffee linked with fat burning too but I really think it's the caffeine.
      I agree with MadMike. I also think that it is the caffeine that is linked to the benefits. It really is the only thing that makes sense.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by suzieQ View Post

        I agree with MadMike. I also think that it is the caffeine that is linked to the benefits. It really is the only thing that makes sense.
        I think the research actually said it's caffeinated coffee that they used for it. I think it's the caffeine. I bet you'd get the same benefits from a pill with caffeine in it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChefMel View Post

          I think the research actually said it's caffeinated coffee that they used for it. I think it's the caffeine. I bet you'd get the same benefits from a pill with caffeine in it.
          I couldn't agree more! It has to be the caffeine. It honestly wouldn't make sense if it was something else. I think this is just further evidence that caffeine helps

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post

            I couldn't agree more! It has to be the caffeine. It honestly wouldn't make sense if it was something else. I think this is just further evidence that caffeine helps
            Aren't there other substances in coffee that might also have an effect? Like the stuff that makes green coffee bean so popular?

            Comment

            Working...
            X