Low carb diets - Are they bad for you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low carb diets - Are they bad for you

Does anyone know if low carb diets are bad for you? I'm not asking whether or not you like them or think that they work for weight loss. What I want to know is that do they have long-term effects on health? The reason I'm asking is my friend told me that she came across a study that said low carb diets are actually not good for your health. I know that they can definitely help you shrink down your waistline, but apparently this can come with a cost to your health. Has anyone else heard about this?

I don't think so...I mean, if they are too low carb probably, like keto or something, but if you just reduce your carb intake and eat more fiber and protein I think this is the healthier way to do things. As long as you'e not putting yourself in a long-term state of ketosis I think you should be fine...but then again, I've never read the study you're talking about and I'm not a doctor haha.

Comment

I don't think they're bad for you as long as they're balanced. If they're lower carb than too much, but not so low that you're barely eating any, then you should be just fine. Carbs and foods that contain them can be very good for you so you shouldn't go too low. But too much of anything isn't good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
        I don't think they're bad for you as long as they're balanced. If they're lower carb than too much, but not so low that you're barely eating any, then you should be just fine. Carbs and foods that contain them can be very good for you so you shouldn't go too low. But too much of anything isn't good for you.
        That's exactly what I think. Too much of anything isn't good for you, even things that are considered healthy for you. It's all about balance and portion control. Also drinking water and exercise helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
          I guess you're right. Too much of anything isn't good for you, but I guess too little is also bad. I guess I'll just start paying closer attention to the carbs that I eat.

Comment

Working...
          X