Is it okay to drink decaf?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay to drink decaf?

I really, really like having something warm to drink in the morning and in the afternoon. Is it alright to drink decaf tea or coffee if I'm taking PhenBlue? Or will this increase my chances of jitters. I'm not typically sensitive to stimulants, but at the same time I don't want to overdo it. Also...can anyone recommend a good decaf coffee? I find that its not hard to find good decaf tea, but coffee is another story...why is that???

Oh I don't think there could be any problem from drinking decaf. The only reason you're not supposed to have coffee or tea with it is probably because of the caffeine. In decaf, it's so low it doesn't even count. It's definitely hard to find a good decaf coffee. I don't like any of the main brands in the grocery store, even if I like their caffeinated versions. Do you have a local roastery? You might have luck that way.

Comment

I also think it's okay to drink decaf. That said, I wholeheartedly agree with brighstar it is TOUGH finding a good decaf coffee out there. So far the only one I like is one that I buy from my local coffee shop, but I can't keep buying it because it's just to expensive. I saw yesterday in the supermarket there was decaf espresso. I might give that a try. I'm wondering since it's espresso that it might taste a little better, have more flavor and be slightly more full-bodied than most of the weak decafs out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
        I also think it's okay to drink decaf. That said, I wholeheartedly agree with brighstar it is TOUGH finding a good decaf coffee out there. So far the only one I like is one that I buy from my local coffee shop, but I can't keep buying it because it's just to expensive. I saw yesterday in the supermarket there was decaf espresso. I might give that a try. I'm wondering since it's espresso that it might taste a little better, have more flavor and be slightly more full-bodied than most of the weak decafs out there.
        Good thinking! I never would have thought of decaf espresso but you're right. if it's not horribly bitter from being cheaply roasted, it has more of a chance of a fuller flavor.

Comment

Oh good! I'm glad that decaf should be alright. I really just like having a coffee in the morning, tea just doesn't do it for me...it just tastes so watery, if that makes sense lol. I might try decaf espresso, too....cause I've had some pretty bad decafs, too lol Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post
            Oh good! I'm glad that decaf should be alright. I really just like having a coffee in the morning, tea just doesn't do it for me...it just tastes so watery, if that makes sense lol. I might try decaf espresso, too....cause I've had some pretty bad decafs, too lol Thanks again!
            I feel the same way about coffee. It's not just the caffeine from it I like. It's the taste of it. It's how I like starting my day. I like it black, too. Good flavors matter most when you drink it black since you aren't adjusting anything about it with milk or sugar. I hope you find one you like.

Comment

Working...
            X