Fun ways to get active

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun ways to get active

Hi everyone. I know that this is shameful for me to admit, but I really don't like exercising. I mean even when I'm doing it I don't like it. I find walking verrrry boring, my knees are too fragile to run, I can't stand the smell of gyms and the thought of using machines other people have touched and sweat all over grosses me out, and I"m not a big fan of bikes or treadmils, even if they're plunked in front of a TV so I can watch something. I know this sounds super-whiney and pathetic of me but I just don't know what to do because I really do dislike exercising so much. Is there ANY kind of activity I can engage in that will be of interest to my mind but that can also benefit my body, too?

Why is it shameful? If you don't like it, you don't like it. It's obvious that it's too dull for you. So the key is to make it interesting for you. Find the right playlist. Plunk your treadmill in front of Netflix. Or just start walking really early in the morning before you're conscious enough to know how bored you are. A lot of people also find joining a sports team makes them stick to stuff and find it interesting. Just keep trying new things. You'll find what works. Everyone likes at least one activity. You just have to find which one. THey'r enot all the same. It's like food. You can't like or hate all food. Keep tasting!

Comment

I agree! It's about finding the activity you like. You may get more out of joining a class or a sports team than you will out of traditional exercise. There's lot of things that you can enjoy. I even too a dance class that was a lot of fun once and I burned a lot of calories doing that!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        I agree! It's about finding the activity you like. You may get more out of joining a class or a sports team than you will out of traditional exercise. There's lot of things that you can enjoy. I even too a dance class that was a lot of fun once and I burned a lot of calories doing that!
        A dance class, that would have been fun. Is that something you do with a partner?
        I need to try a cardio class of some kind. I need to get past my aversion to sweating in public. It's not like I"m the only one!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

A dance class, that would have been fun. Is that something you do with a partner?
          I need to try a cardio class of some kind. I need to get past my aversion to sweating in public. It's not like I"m the only one!
          You can do it with a partner! I'm free anytime <3

It's hard to get over things like sweating or wearing stuff that shows parts of you that you don't like! It's especially frustrating when you know that it's only you who cares about it haha. I personally don't care how people look or if they sweat and I know they don't care that about me either but sometimes it's difficult to get over. If you're my partner, I promise we can sweat together and I won't judge lol...

Comment

Working...
          X