Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KittyKatt
    replied
    I love mine. I think it depends on how you use them and how you're thinking about them. It's personal I guess. I find them really motivational and a matter of pride.

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    Originally posted by 2strikes View Post

I personally find them motivational when i'm progressing but they take the wind out of my sails when I don't see progress or if I feel that something looks worse. They can be good but also bad. Mainly good as long as things are ideal.
    I wonder if that means they're really good or not. If you're really making progress, your motivation would already be pretty high, so the good pictures wouldn't really do too much in the grand scheme of things. But if you don't feel like you're progressing and your less than ideal pictures cause harm, then isn't that just making things worse? I wonder if the cost is worth the potential benefit.

Leave a comment:

• 2strikes
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce View Post
    I used to think before and after pics were helpful and motivational. Now I think they do more harm than good. They only show how little things are changing after so much hard work. It's better to just be where you are and keep up your gradual effort. Sure, you can have a pic at the start so that you can look back on before it all started, but tracking with pictures isn't accurate enough and it only drags you down.
    I personally find them motivational when i'm progressing but they take the wind out of my sails when I don't see progress or if I feel that something looks worse. They can be good but also bad. Mainly good as long as things are ideal.

Leave a comment:

• TinaDancer
    replied
    I find that they motivate me most of the time. Sometimes I'm frustrated, but even that will often push me to try harder so I'll get better results the next time.

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    If taking pictures drags you down, definitely choose something else to track your progress. I like to have a bit of a record with pictures, but I can definitely see that it wouldn't be for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• TammyBear
    replied
    I guess it's all in how you use the pics and on your individual motivators. For some people it helps. For some people it does the opposite

Leave a comment:

• Bruce
    started a topic b&A pics do more harm than good

b&A pics do more harm than good

I used to think before and after pics were helpful and motivational. Now I think they do more harm than good. They only show how little things are changing after so much hard work. It's better to just be where you are and keep up your gradual effort. Sure, you can have a pic at the start so that you can look back on before it all started, but tracking with pictures isn't accurate enough and it only drags you down.
Working...
X