Spanx?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanx?

Okay. I need to go to a party in two weeks and while I am losing weight, my stomach is just not going to be as trim and smooth as I want it to be for the dress I'm wearing. It's important to me to look and feel my best so what would be the best to wear under my clothes for the trimmist look? A waist sincher? Spanx? A corset? I know it's not going to be the most comfortable thing in the world but it's only for a few hours and I'm going for looks here not comfort LOL. Any suggestions?

If you want to look and feel your best you should probably wear something that isn't tight to your skin so that you're not spending the entire party wondering if your clothes are doing what they should. Spanx is good, but sinchers and corsets can be painful, especially over time or if you eat anything. Also, you don't have a lot of time to test out whatever you buy for a length of time so you won't know until the big day if it will shift, pinch, roll up or do something else you don't want it to do. Just get an outfit that looks great. Otherwise, it will be your control clothes that end up hurting your confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
      If you want to look and feel your best you should probably wear something that isn't tight to your skin so that you're not spending the entire party wondering if your clothes are doing what they should. Spanx is good, but sinchers and corsets can be painful, especially over time or if you eat anything. Also, you don't have a lot of time to test out whatever you buy for a length of time so you won't know until the big day if it will shift, pinch, roll up or do something else you don't want it to do. Just get an outfit that looks great. Otherwise, it will be your control clothes that end up hurting your confidence.
      I agree with brightstar! I totally understand the importance of wanting to look your best but even for a couple of hours, wearing the wrong thing could be super-uncomfortable and painful to the point that you might draw attention to yourself in a way that you don't want. Plus some of those things that flatten you can also make it difficult for you to sit down or move. If you're trying to draw attention away from a certain part of your body, you'll find that certain colors, fabrics and clothing designs can help in this department. I recommend taking someone you can trust shopping with you and asking them for their honest opinion when you try stuff on. In the long run, you'll likely be happier when you choose comfort over constraints

Comment

I don't get why people mash themselves into those things. You'll look just fine. Nobody is going to notice the difference that kind of stuff makes, except maybe you. But you'll be so uncomfortable from being crushed that you still won't feel great about yourself. Just go as you are and wear what makes you feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
          I don't get why people mash themselves into those things. You'll look just fine. Nobody is going to notice the difference that kind of stuff makes, except maybe you. But you'll be so uncomfortable from being crushed that you still won't feel great about yourself. Just go as you are and wear what makes you feel good.
          I agree! It's not worth it to feel uncomfortable. I mean, if you want to do it for you, that's okay. But if you want to do it because you care about what other people think, it's not worth it. Most people don't care about how you look and those who do and who want to judge you for it are shallow and are really not worth your time. Do what makes you happy SuzieQ and remember you're beautiful!

Comment

Working...
          X