Does the "easier" feeling last?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the "easier" feeling last?

OK, I guess there's probably no general answer for this but Im' asking anyway. I've been working on the same lifestyle change strategy for quite a while now. For the first while, I felt like I was focused so much on getting things right and it was really hard. I tracked everything and felt like I ran out of calories a lot. I had to force myself - FORCE myself - to do workouts to meet my minimum goals. Now, I just noticed that it all feels pretty easy in comparison. I seem to know what to buy at the grocery store. I make meals that are amazing tasting and fill me up and sometimes at the end of my day, I have calories left, so I sneak an extra snack to fill them up. I even find myself looking forward to my workouts and the way I am after I do them because I'm totally pumped, energized, or seriously calm. Is this a temporary blissful moment because of the summer or something, or is this actually me getting the hang of it long-term? Is this going to be easy for me forever now?

I think that the reason things have become easier for you is that your healthy lifestyle has finally become a habit for you, so it's like routine and second nature to do all these things, you don't even have to think about it anymore. It's like you've taught yourself a new language and while at first you struggled to understand and speak in the language, you now just know it, so it's not hard anymore because you don't have to think about it.

That said, I also think that any habit can be broken, even the good ones we develop. I don't know if it will always be easy for you. All it will take is a change in lifestyle for something to become more difficult. Essentially, if something in your life causes you to have to break your normal routine for several days in a row or longer (e.g. vacation, business trip, having visitors, getting a new roommate, having to deal with an injury that forces you to be sedentary or zaps your energy, etc.), this could throw you off. This alteration of your healthy routine could make it hard for you to get back to where you were. Then again it might not.

Okay, that was a seriously long babble LOL. The last thing I want to say is that I think it's awesome that you've found something that works for you and I hope it always stays easy for you

Comment

I say as long as it feels easy, go with it and use this chance to fine tune what you're doing and keep improving. It's so great that it's working out. Make sure you keep things interesting, fresh and that you reward yourself so you won't lose your motivation over time. Keep it up!

Comment

Who knows? But at least it's working for you now! That's what matters. Focus on how you feel in the present and don't worry about what may or may not happen in the future

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
          Who knows? But at least it's working for you now! That's what matters. Focus on how you feel in the present and don't worry about what may or may not happen in the future
          That's exactly what I was thinking! Why not just roll with it while it's good? Hopefully it will keep going. If things get a bit tougher, you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post

That's exactly what I was thinking! Why not just roll with it while it's good? Hopefully it will keep going. If things get a bit tougher, you can cross that bridge when you come to it.
            So true! Don't you find we always spend so much time worrying about a good feeling we currently have that we don't actually end up enjoying it as much as we can? I hope that your "easy" feeling never goes away MadMike. If it does, you'll find it again.

Comment

Working...
            X