Can1 bad day really hurt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can1 bad day really hurt?

OK, so I've done really great and have stayed on track nearly every day. Even the days where I'm "bad" are not really that bad, they're just not perfect, so I'm fine with them. But say I've been keeping myself in the 1600-1800 calorie range and then suddenly one day I'm awful and eat 3000+ calories. Will that really set me back?

Nope. It's not going to set you back unless you keep doing it. Blowing your calories for one day isn't an issues. Constantly doing it or doing it a few times a week is when the problems tend to start.

Comment

No, it won't. As MeSarah said, having 1 bad day every once in a while isn't going to do anything. It's when you start making a habit of it that it becomes a problem. Don't feel guilty about a slip up every now and again. You know you'll get right back on track the next day!

Comment

I doubt it. It may not help your weight loss at all, but I doubt it would be enough to actually make you gain weight in a way that the next day couldn't correct.

Comment

Nah. Don't beat yourself up about it. If you blow your calorie limit every once in a while, you'll be fine. Blowing your calorie limit doesn't put you at a higher risk of gaining weight because you blew your calorie limit for one day it puts you at a higher risk because you might find it harder to go back to your usual diet plan. That's when weight gain can occur.

Comment

One day is nothing. You recover from that so fast you won't even notice.

Comment

Working...
            X