Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have to follow a special with loss diet if you're diabetic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have to follow a special with loss diet if you're diabetic?

If you have diabetes (type 2) do you have to follow a special diet to lose weight or is it still about calorie counting and exercising for the most part? What other risks might be involved?

Yes, I think you should talk to your doctor about how you should diet to lose weight if you're diabetic. Your nutritional needs are different from an average healthy adult and you don't want to mess things up further.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
      Yes, I think you should talk to your doctor about how you should diet to lose weight if you're diabetic. Your nutritional needs are different from an average healthy adult and you don't want to mess things up further.
      I agree with KittyKatt. It's important that you know how to lose weight properly. You can really mess up your system in a dangerous way if you already have a health condition like diabetes and you start adding or taking away from your diet. You even need to know how to exercise responsibly. Definitely talk to you doctor!

Comment

The first step is to make sure you're following a diabetes-friendly diet, then you can make sure that diet is also healthy and keeps you on the right track for weight control. I'm just going to jump in and agree with everyone else that it starts with your doctor. A lot of good programs have diabetes-friendly versions. Your doc will be able to help you pick one.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
          The first step is to make sure you're following a diabetes-friendly diet, then you can make sure that diet is also healthy and keeps you on the right track for weight control. I'm just going to jump in and agree with everyone else that it starts with your doctor. A lot of good programs have diabetes-friendly versions. Your doc will be able to help you pick one.
          Thanks I appreciate the support and your opinions. Also, I didn't realize that many diet program also have diabetes-friendly versions. Guess you learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post

Thanks I appreciate the support and your opinions. Also, I didn't realize that many diet program also have diabetes-friendly versions. Guess you learn something new every day
            They do! Not all, but there are definitely options. You should still pick one out with your doc, though. Just because a program says it's diabetes friendly, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's right for your unique needs.

Comment

Working...
            X