How to Stay on your diet on Vacation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Stay on your diet on Vacation

Going on vacation. Looking forward to it. I want to eat and enjoy myself. I don't want to have to keep counting my calories and all that. Is it possible to do it without getting fat? It's for 5 days. Am I going to gain it all back?

Hey BigBobby! I wouldn't worry about it. Even if you blow your calories and eat all the wrong foods, you're not going to gain it all back. Whatever you do happen to gain you'll lose once you return to your regular routine. Have an awesome time and let yourself enjoy every moment without worrying about tracking.

Comment

You'll be fine 5 days isn't enough to blow your progress over the long-term as long as when you come back you do what you were previously doing. Plus, I bet you'll find that when you're on vacation as much as might allow yourself to enjoy a lot of fun foods, you'll probably still stick to a few of your good habits. After all, while you might eat fun foods you wouldn't normally have or that you typically eat only as a treat, you can still control how much you eat All the best!

Comment

You're not likely to gain it all back unless all you've lost is a couple of pounds. If you've lost like 10 or 15 or more pounds or something, you shouldn't gain it all back if you blow your diet for 5 days. That said, I agree with others here, the trick to making sure you don't ruin your progress is to get back on track as soon as you get home. That said, hope you have a great vacation!

Comment

You won't gain as much weight as you think when you're on vacation. If it's just a week, it's not like you'll pack on ten pounds. Try to make smart choices but enjoy yourself, too. Even if you gain 3 pounds, it's not the end of the world. You can drop that again once you get home if you're careful for a couple or three weeks. It's worth it to have a fantastic vacation even if it means a few weeks of corrections afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            You won't gain as much weight as you think when you're on vacation. If it's just a week, it's not like you'll pack on ten pounds. Try to make smart choices but enjoy yourself, too. Even if you gain 3 pounds, it's not the end of the world. You can drop that again once you get home if you're careful for a couple or three weeks. It's worth it to have a fantastic vacation even if it means a few weeks of corrections afterward.
            Exactly! Listen to MadMike! A week's vacation isn't going to ruin all your progress. Focus on having a great time and worry about counting calories when you get back home LOL!

Comment

Working...
            X