Sagging Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sagging Skin

I know when people are really overweight and they lose a lot of weight suddenly, they have a lot of sagging skin left behind that doesn't always go back to normal, no matter how much strength training you do . My question is, if you are really overweight and you lose weight gradually instead of all at once, can you avoid this skin sagging issue?

I have that problem a little bit. It will go back to normal to a certain degree. If you lose a vast amount of weight, it will take longer or might not go back on its own. It also depends on your age and how long you were big. If you have a bit of sagging, make sure you massage the area and moisturize with really great products or with coconut oil. That can help you to avoid it or to repair it faster. I heard that dry skin brushing can also help but I don't do that.

Comment

You need to lose a lot of weight suddenly if you're going to end up with sagging skin. Like, it won't happen if you lose 2 or 5 pounds. It's more if you lose 10 pounds really fast, or you lose 20 pounds over a few months without building muscle underneath to use up the extra skin. Stay hydrated, work on your fitness routine for lean muscle and treat your skin right to avoid it as much as possible.

Comment

Oh, yeah I agree, sagging skin is the worst

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
          I have that problem a little bit. It will go back to normal to a certain degree. If you lose a vast amount of weight, it will take longer or might not go back on its own. It also depends on your age and how long you were big. If you have a bit of sagging, make sure you massage the area and moisturize with really great products or with coconut oil. That can help you to avoid it or to repair it faster. I heard that dry skin brushing can also help but I don't do that.
          Thank you for the advice! This makes me feel better. I'm glad that gradual weight loss shouldn't be a big problem for sagging skin. Also I like all the tips that you suggested. I do have one question though. What is dry skin brushing? I've never heard of that technique and how could that help with sagging skin prevention?

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post

Thank you for the advice! This makes me feel better. I'm glad that gradual weight loss shouldn't be a big problem for sagging skin. Also I like all the tips that you suggested. I do have one question though. What is dry skin brushing? I've never heard of that technique and how could that help with sagging skin prevention?
            It uses a soft-to-stiff brush (looks like a back brush without the handle, you start with soft bristles and work toward stiffer ones as you do it over time). You start at your feet and in sweeping motions with your hand and wrist, you brush upward across all your skin on your whole body. Always aim toward the heart. So you sweep up from your legs, but on your neck or upper chest you change directions so you're always aiming at your heart. The idea is to get rid of dry skin and encourage circulation to the areas. Do it right before you shower. That will rinse off any extra skin cells you brushed off but that are still sitting on your skin. The extra circulation and stimulation can help you to improve elasticity, skin texture and other issues. It can also help to prevent acne or other irritations and improve healing time with things that already exist. Plus it feels great!

Comment

Working...
            X