Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I really lose more weight if I stop eating processed food?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I really lose more weight if I stop eating processed food?

Say I ate only whole foods and got rid of all the packaged stuff in my cupboards. But say I eat the same number of calories. Will I really lose more weight faster or is that just something that people say? I know eating clean is a trend but it is seriously all it's cracked up to be? I feel like it should make sense, but I can't get my brain around it.

Honestly, I have no idea. I've heard the same thing but I've never tried it and I don't know anyone else who has either. That said, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if eating whole foods vs proccessed foods leads to faster weight loss, even if you still ate the same amount of calories. I don't really know the science behind it all, but I think it might have something to do with the way your body processes stuff. I mean, if you think about it, when you eat a meal that is high in fruits and veggies and grains and stuff you feel WAY more energized and good after compared to if you sat down to a fast food burger and fries. Maybe you just feel less bogged down so you move more and stuff.

Comment

It really is all that its cracked up to be. You will lose weight faster if you eat whole foods compared to all the packaged stuff. I don't know the science behind it but it is true. Try it for a couple of weeks and I bet you'll totally see a difference and feel a lot better, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
        It really is all that its cracked up to be. You will lose weight faster if you eat whole foods compared to all the packaged stuff. I don't know the science behind it but it is true. Try it for a couple of weeks and I bet you'll totally see a difference and feel a lot better, too!
        I'm going to try it for a couple of weeks and see if I lose weight better. Right now I feel like I'm stuck on a plateau. One pound every two or three weeks, and that's all. I'm going for it with only whole foods and maybe that will break me through this slump.

Comment

Cool! That's great Whirlybird. I hope you see a difference and get multiple benefits from it. I hope you report back on your progress, too! I'm really interested to hear what you think about the experience and if it's actually true that you'll find it easier (and more success) to lose weight. All the best

Comment

That sounds really hard to do! Good luck. I hope you'll post your results!

Comment

Working...
            X