Teeth and eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teeth and eyes

What nutrition is best for my teeth and eyes. I know this isn't really a weight loss question, but I want to make sure that as I'm losing weight that I'm making smart choices to other parts of my body too.

Your teeth and your eyes each need different kinds of nutrition. It's not usually a matter of just saying "calcium" for teeth because you also need other nutrients like magnesium to absorb calcium properly. If you're worried that you're not getting the right nutrition for your teeth, focus on multivitamin supplements focused on bone health. Same goes for your eyes. Look for an eye health support formula that contains a range of vitamins and minerals, especially lutein and zeaxanthin, but also other known eye health supporters. Completed targeted formulas are better than isolated single supplements

Comment

It kind of is a weight loss question, really. You don't want to accidentally cut out the nutrients you need for healthy parts of your body as you slash carbs or calories or whatever, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
        It kind of is a weight loss question, really. You don't want to accidentally cut out the nutrients you need for healthy parts of your body as you slash carbs or calories or whatever, right?
        I completely agree! Part of losing weight is making healthy choices for your body as a whole. The healthier all the parts of your body are, the better you'll feel, the stronger you'll feel, and the more likely you'll naturally being making the right dietary and fitness appropriate choices that will lead to healthy and natural weight loss and weight management.

Comment

If you're not sure about whether your nutrition is balanced, use a nutrition tracker app or consult with a dietitian if you're really serious about it and feel you're falling short but don't know how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            If you're not sure about whether your nutrition is balanced, use a nutrition tracker app or consult with a dietitian if you're really serious about it and feel you're falling short but don't know how to fix it.
            Such good advice as usual! I love my nutrition app. It's really helped me a lot. When you start paying attention to the nutrition you're ingesting, the more you'll understand what you're getting and what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Such good advice as usual! I love my nutrition app. It's really helped me a lot. When you start paying attention to the nutrition you're ingesting, the more you'll understand what you're getting and what you need.
              I found the same thing with my app. I learned a lot by using it for a short time, but by using it for a longer time, I've learned a lot more. Some of it, I can ballpark in my head how many calories, carbs, fats, and proteins something has. Still, I lean on it to understand my full days, my trends over time and a lot of other details.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
                Your teeth and your eyes each need different kinds of nutrition. It's not usually a matter of just saying "calcium" for teeth because you also need other nutrients like magnesium to absorb calcium properly. If you're worried that you're not getting the right nutrition for your teeth, focus on multivitamin supplements focused on bone health. Same goes for your eyes. Look for an eye health support formula that contains a range of vitamins and minerals, especially lutein and zeaxanthin, but also other known eye health supporters. Completed targeted formulas are better than isolated single supplements
                I never thought of taking a multivitamin. I guess they do make vitamins for eyes, too. Thanks for letting me know abut what ingredients to look for brightstar!

Thanks MadMike! That's what I was thinking. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that

I'll also look into a nutrition tracker, thanks enviroTodd!

Comment

Working...
                X