Celery diets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celery diets?

Have you guys noticed that celery is extremely expensive? I needed it for a recipe I was making and was shocked at how much it cost! I found out that one of the reasons is that it's really popular for some celery diet. This sounds like a fad diet to me, but does it work? I mean clearly it's popular enough that people have made it really expensive LOL.

It's a fad diet. It works the same as if you were to eat lots of cucumbers, lettuces, or any other veggie very high in fiber and water. Eating a salad is just as effective. Blending those veggies, too. So if you wanted celery juice, you may as well have blended other high-water, high fiber veggies. I hope it passes soon. I miss eating celery. It used to be such a cheap and convenient snack! Plus the places that grow it are getting terrible weather so that's just making the prices worse. As a species, we're really lame sometimes

Comment

Celery is the latest thing? Really? Is it because fad diets have already worked their way through every other vegetable? I wish those types of things would give it a rest. It's messing up people's understanding of nutrition and is causing weird food supply issues. We really need to get a clue.

Comment

I guess they've run out of all the exotic foods so now they're working backward to all the simplest and most common foods we can think of. Soon there will be "studies" and celebrity claims that iceberg lettuce is the best diet food in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
          It's a fad diet. It works the same as if you were to eat lots of cucumbers, lettuces, or any other veggie very high in fiber and water. Eating a salad is just as effective. Blending those veggies, too. So if you wanted celery juice, you may as well have blended other high-water, high fiber veggies. I hope it passes soon. I miss eating celery. It used to be such a cheap and convenient snack! Plus the places that grow it are getting terrible weather so that's just making the prices worse. As a species, we're really lame sometimes
          Exactly what you said, Bethie. Exactly what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Exactly what you said, Bethie. Exactly what you said.
            I think we're all in agreement here. These fad diets are proving to be not only harmful to the people who are trying them, but also to our food prices and supply!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
              Ugh! This is disappointing to hear. You're not kidding, as a species we can be very disappointment LOL. I agree though, I hope that this fad passes soon because I miss snacking on celery, too!

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post

Ugh! This is disappointing to hear. You're not kidding, as a species we can be very disappointment LOL. I agree though, I hope that this fad passes soon because I miss snacking on celery, too!
                That's just it. Hopefully this will be a fast fad so that we can all go back to eating celery like normal people

Comment

Working...
                X