Coffee for weight loss study

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee for weight loss study

I just read in the news about a big deal study that just finished and it's shown that coffee really does boost up thermogenesis. Now, it's looking like they're figuring out why coffee - and probably caffeine - is so helpful to dieters. It showed that it heats up the brown fat so much with thermogenesis that they could measure it in the neck of people who drank it. It's burning way more calories and fats that way. Here's a story about it on CNN:https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/24/healt...ntl/index.html

This is such awesome news!! I wonder if this will show that green coffee bean and caffeine in diet pills is actually beneficial in the same way, too. I mean, especially because there are usually higher doses of caffeine in diet pills.

Comment

So does this mean that you get the most out of coffee if you drink a cup of it in the morning and workout directly after? Or does the study mean that you can actually burn fat, just by drinking coffee and doing nothing else?

Comment

oh my gosh! I heard about this study and I was so excited!! This is such great news. Now all I have to do is work on being able to drink coffee black LOL. Can anyone recommend some full-bodied and smooth coffees. I don't want something sour or bitter. I'm just terrible at picking coffees!!

Comment

I'm looking forward to follow up studies that can better understand what part of coffee is producing the benefit. Is it the caffeine? how much is needed, and so on. I bet you're right, ChristySmiles , that diet pills that use those ingredients are on the right track after all!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            I'm looking forward to follow up studies that can better understand what part of coffee is producing the benefit. Is it the caffeine? how much is needed, and so on. I bet you're right, ChristySmiles , that diet pills that use those ingredients are on the right track after all!
            Wouldn't that be amazing? They might even be able to figure out what doses provide the best benefit at the safest amounts and we can start taking more OTC diet pills with confidence that they actually will provide the support that we need

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Wouldn't that be amazing? They might even be able to figure out what doses provide the best benefit at the safest amounts and we can start taking more OTC diet pills with confidence that they actually will provide the support that we need
              That's just it. I feel like we're on the right path, we just have to keep following it instead of accepting what we have and stopping. This information will be very useful in so many different ways.

Comment

Working...
              X