I can't seem to get it done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't seem to get it done

I keep getting my motivation up, starting new efforts to eat right and exercise more. But I can't seem to get it done. After two or three days, I lose focus or motivation. I can't seem to get the sleep I need even though I'm doing eveything "right". Is this because of coronavirus stress? Is anyone else feeling like they just can't seem to find their direction for more than a few days at a time?

I definitely think it's coronavirus stress and everything else that's going on. Everything is upside down right now and the world just seems so fed-up, angry and volatile. Just try to be as good and kind to yourself as you can.

Comment

It sounds to me like you might be a little depressed and it's likely from the the anxiety of the situation. Do what you can to keep a normal routine and engage in activities that stimulate your mind and creativity and make your happy. Avoid things that make you feel stressed, tense or that make you feel unhappy as much as possible (you know, like watch comedies instead of serious dramas or dark horror movies, as an example). If you're still really concerned about your lack of sleep and how you're feeling after another week or two, it might be worth making a doctors appointment and talking to a professional to rule out any other potential causes it might be. It's likely that only your mental health is taking a beating from the prolonged situation, but it never hurts to get a second professional opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
        It sounds to me like you might be a little depressed and it's likely from the the anxiety of the situation. Do what you can to keep a normal routine and engage in activities that stimulate your mind and creativity and make your happy. Avoid things that make you feel stressed, tense or that make you feel unhappy as much as possible (you know, like watch comedies instead of serious dramas or dark horror movies, as an example). If you're still really concerned about your lack of sleep and how you're feeling after another week or two, it might be worth making a doctors appointment and talking to a professional to rule out any other potential causes it might be. It's likely that only your mental health is taking a beating from the prolonged situation, but it never hurts to get a second professional opinion.
        I agree with you. WOrk on your mental health. If you want to still work on your physical health, too, look at it one day at a time. Have daily goals instead of weekly or monthly. It'll be easier to deal with something immediate and predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post

I agree with you. WOrk on your mental health. If you want to still work on your physical health, too, look at it one day at a time. Have daily goals instead of weekly or monthly. It'll be easier to deal with something immediate and predictable.
          Yes! I have found that dealing with each day as it comes is much easier than thinking long-term. Now that so many states are dealing with more cases again, it's important to try to stay safe and positive and think about what you can do now. Later will come in time. We need to control the present first.

Comment

some days, if you feel like you just can't, don't. Just do your best and start fresh tomorrow. Don't give up completely, but giv eyourself a break if you need a break, Just remember that you can't do that every day.

Comment

Working...
            X