Does bitter orange work without caffeine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does bitter orange work without caffeine

I know that some of the diet pills on the market that are considered among the best contain bitter orange and many contain caffeine, too, but there are some that only contain bitter orange. I've heard that the synephrine stimulant in bitter orange works as a catalyst for caffeine and can increase its effects. However, what I'm wondering is does it work on it's own without caffeine and is it just as effective?

Bitter orange is probably best if you completely avoid caffeine. It is its own stimulant. Like you said, it has synephrine in it. Honestly, I avoid this one for internal use. It's pretty good in some skin care products, but taking it internally...I'd rather not. I'll keep myself synephrine free. I don't mind caffeine in appropriate doses, but synephrine has too much negative research linked to it for my use.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
      Bitter orange is probably best if you completely avoid caffeine. It is its own stimulant. Like you said, it has synephrine in it. Honestly, I avoid this one for internal use. It's pretty good in some skin care products, but taking it internally...I'd rather not. I'll keep myself synephrine free. I don't mind caffeine in appropriate doses, but synephrine has too much negative research linked to it for my use.
      I agree. I don't like using any products with this ingredient either, especially because they've been using it a lot more since ephedra was banned. I know it's not as bad as ephedra, but I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Comment

Thanks for the input, but that doesn't really answer my question. I was wondering if bitter orange on it's own (without caffeine) is just as effective a stimulant as caffeine. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
          Thanks for the input, but that doesn't really answer my question. I was wondering if bitter orange on it's own (without caffeine) is just as effective a stimulant as caffeine. Anyone know?
          I think it's different from caffeine. It's based on the same idea, but it depends on how your body reacts to it. I think it's stronger than caffeine, but not necessarily better.

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post

I think it's different from caffeine. It's based on the same idea, but it depends on how your body reacts to it. I think it's stronger than caffeine, but not necessarily better.
            That's exactly how I see it. Honestly, what kind of makes it worrisome is the fact that they don't really know as much about it as they do about caffeine. It's not really known how safe it is or how effective it can be, which is one of the reasons why I tend to avoid it...that and it tends to almost always be combined with other stimulants when used in diet pills.

Comment

Working...
            X