Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are thermogenic diet pills safe in extreme heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are thermogenic diet pills safe in extreme heat?

I was just thinking about thermogenic diet pills because those cause your body temperature to rise. Does that mean that they’re not safe?

I think they are safe, but like most pills on the market, they may not be safe for everyone. No idea if they are safe in extreme heat or not. It would seem like a bad idea to spike your body temperature when you are already hot. Hmmm...worth looking into.

Comment

From what I have read about them they are pretty safe for the most part, but they can cause dehydration and they can cause you to overheat if you are not careful, as they do raise your body temperature. Therefore, if you are in a hot climate, it would be a good idea to make sure you are drinking water steadily throughout the day and that you try to keep your body as cool as possible and don't overdo it with exercising on really hot days. They also may not be good for certain people with certain health conditions or who may be taking certain medications. It's always a good idea to talk to your doctor before taking these types of diet pills.

Comment

What I have heard is quite similar to FireFly77. The key to anything in your life is to make sure that you are balancing your energies. Thermogenesis can occur from many natural sources, such as hot peppers. These send your temperature rising which many diet pills find to be a useful trait because it means that you will be burning more fuel in the body in the form of heat. The fuel is calories and fat so it is obvious that this can be an attractive process while trying to lose weight. But as FireFly77 also said, you need to pay attention to your hydration.

If you take a thermogenic and then exercise on a hot day - and it is important to exercise while taking a thermogenic if you want to lose weight - then you will be increasing your temperature at a time when your temperature is likely already high. So instead of doing something like running in direct sunlight at noon, try doing cardio in the form of swimming or work out in an air conditioned gym. Drink a lot of water to make sure that you don't dehydrate, and listen to what your body is telling you . If you feel as though you are getting very warm, slow things down a little and give yourself the chance to cool down. Dress appropriately for what you are doing in the hot temperature and when you're done your workout, take a cool (not cold) shower to get your body temperature back to where it should be.

This should be enough to rebalance your energies without having to sacrifice the benefits that thermogenics can bring you.

Comment

Wow...I had no idea that there were diet pills that could raise your body temperature...how exactly does that benefit or lead to weight loss?

Comment

Good question Wolfmoon. While we're on the topic, why can they lead to dehydration? Is it because they will make you sweat more?

Comment

Wolfmoon - My understanding is that thermogenic diet pills help you to lose weight because they accelerate your metabolism so you burn more calories...honestly, I don't know if I believe that, but that's the idea behind it, from what I know.

Tony1968 - Yup, that's essentially why you need to stay hydrated. If you sweat, you lose water. It's easy to dehydrate from sweating without realizing it.

Comment

At this time of year it's easy to dehydrate at the best of times. I'd say that you would need to be far more careful if you are taking a thermogenic, especially while you exercise. Deliberately take cool-down breaks and drink lots of water. Even better, drink coconut water!

Comment

Working...
                X