chia seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chia seeds

I have just gotten into organic chia seeds and I think that they are wonderful for weight loss. I don’t know if they come in pill form yet or not but I think that everybody should scoop a tablespoon of them into their smoothies or their yogurt or even just in the milk for breakfast cereal. They are a functional food, they are a complete protein, they are high in fiber, they go with just about any other food and they swell up with water or milk (or almond milk) so that you get fuller from them than you are expecting. They’re extremely healthy and the fiber and protein help keep your hunger down while at the same time they boost up your digestion.

Are those the things you put on Chia pets? Can you eat those?

Comment

What do they taste like? Do you sprout grass like a Chia pet

Comment

What in the heck are chia seeds and where do you find those??

Comment

So, you just have to eat the seeds and you'll get all of those benefits, just like you said? Sounds pretty good. I'd do that. But ya, where do you find them? Bulk stores?

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post
            What in the heck are chia seeds and where do you find those??
            They are from a flowering pant that's part of the mint family and they are native to Guatemala and Mexico. They are high in omega-3 and fibre and are really good for your health. enviroTodd is right about that and gave good suggestions on how to eat it.

My local bulk food store sells it. Some grocery stores may sell it too depending on how diverse their offering and if they have a good bulk section.

Comment

So...if I'm understanding you correctly, eT, you want us all to become Chia Pets? I knew there was something that made you different from the rest of us. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post

They are from a flowering pant that's part of the mint family and they are native to Guatemala and Mexico. They are high in omega-3 and fibre and are really good for your health. enviroTodd is right about that and gave good suggestions on how to eat it.

My local bulk food store sells it. Some grocery stores may sell it too depending on how diverse their offering and if they have a good bulk section.

Interesting. I've never heard of these before. This sounds good but also a little too good to be true. Sometimes, I don't know what to believe when people talk about all of these different seeds, fruits, vegetables, etc. that are all supposed to be super foods.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
                  What do they taste like? Do you sprout grass like a Chia pet
                  LOL awesome!

Comment

Call me closed minded if you want to but those sound really gross. If they are the same seeds that are on a chia pet, they get really slimy and they swell up a lot. They're sort of like little jelly ball seeds. I can't imagine putting those in my mouth!

Comment

Working...
                    X