Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes a diet pill the best in your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a diet pill the best in your opinion?

There are a lot of manufacturers out there claiming that they have the best diet pills. In your personal opinion, what components do you think give diet pills a "best" status?
    Prescription pharmaceutical ingredients
    0.00%
    Non-prescription pharmaceutical-grade ingredients
    27.27%
    Stimulants for energy boosting (ex. caffeine anhydrous, guarana, etc.)
    27.27%
    All-natural herbal ingredients
    9.09%
    Combination of herbal and chemical ingredients
    0.00%
    Ingredients with thermogenic effects
    9.09%
    Ingredients that block fat absorption
    9.09%
    Other - Please elaborate
    9.09%
    There are no best diet pills
    9.09%

I do believe that there are some very good diet pills out there but the two things that they require are the following:

1 – they need to have ingredients that have all been studied by reputable organizations. They should be studied more than once to show consistent findings and they should be relatively large studies, not just a few dozen people (yes, the research has to have been done on humans). They need to have been researched not only for their effectiveness but also for their safety. The pills must then contain the appropriate amount of the ingredient, based on the study information and they should be used for the reason that the study’s findings suggest. It’s all well and good for something to have been “studied”, but if the research was for something entirely different, if it was only on rats, or if it wasn’t shown to be all that safe, then it is useless.

2 – they need to come with proper recommendations with regards to how dieting should be followed. Proper diet and exercise is always needed along with a diet pill, no matter how good that pill may be. If a pill says that it can be used on its own or if no recommendations are made by the company with regards to what the dieter should be doing to ensure healthy weight loss, then the pill is useless since it likely won’t be used to its best benefit.

As a side note, it is also important that a manufacturer have a SOLID reputation. The FDA has found that a lot of products don’t even contain what it says on the label. You need to be able to trust the manufacturer, not just the packaging.

Comment

I think that as long as you have natural ingredients that are also studied by science, you should be on the right track. It's hard to know, though. Asking a doctor is really the best advice, I think

Comment

I think those that block fat are effective.

Comment

I think caffeine and stimulants (not too many, of course) are the most effective. While a lot of the other claims about diet pill ingredients can't be proven, one thing is for certain, caffeine really does give you a boost of energy and that can help you before you exercise and keep you active throughout the day.

Comment

I like energy boosters

Comment

I hate to be the one to rain on the parade, but I honestly don't think there is a best diet pill. If there was a super awesome diet pill that worked amazing, we'd known about it. I'm not saying that some diet pills aren't better than others, but I wouldn't label any diet pill product that is currently on the weight loss market as "best".

Comment

I personally think the thermogenics work well. I can actually feel them working and they make sense in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
                  I think that as long as you have natural ingredients that are also studied by science, you should be on the right track. It's hard to know, though. Asking a doctor is really the best advice, I think

I agree Bethie I also agree that it is hard to find quality ingredients that have been studied by science. I'm looking forward to the day when you don't have to ask your doctor if taking an OTC diet pill is dangerous or risky.

Comment

Talking to your pharmacist can help, too Speeddemon. It's true that it would be nice if you didn't have to speak to an expert, but at least pharmacist advice is free!

Comment

Working...
                    X