No announcement yet.

how do you know what's in the product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you know what's in the product?

I just read about a diet supplement that they found had prescription drugs in it that weren’t on the label. How do I know if what I’m getting is different from the ingredients list? That makes me more than just a little bit nervous

There really isn't a way for you to know, to be really honest. That's the problem with the over the counter weight loss supplement industry. It's not regulated. This is why it's important that you base your decision not only on what is inside the ingredients but on the company who manufactures the product. Find out their reputation. If the product (or company) doesn't have an official website, if you can't get in touch with them directly, if they don't offer a money-back guarantee, etc. then don't do business with them. The more open a company is about who they are, the less likely they are to be secretive about what goes in their product.

Comment

That is really scary! I honestly don`t know how you can tell if you`re getting more than what`s listed in the ingredients. I agree with Freddy that I think the best way to be safe is to purchase products from well-known and reputable companies. Also, be sure to investigate every ingredient including ones that are trademarked, as they may contain more than one ingredient.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        That is really scary! I honestly don`t know how you can tell if you`re getting more than what`s listed in the ingredients. I agree with Freddy that I think the best way to be safe is to purchase products from well-known and reputable companies. Also, be sure to investigate every ingredient including ones that are trademarked, as they may contain more than one ingredient.
        That's exactly what I would do. You can also look at customer reviews on top of those other efforts, but remember that some dubious companies hire people to create customer reviews on Amazon so you can only trust them so much. You can check them out, but if it all looks too good to be true, it's time to move on to the next one. If you see 50 reviews of people saying that they've experienced a miracle and lost 100 pounds taking a supplement for a few months, find a new product.

Comment

I think that's the reason you really need to look into the company behind the pills, not just the pills themselves. When you choose one with a solid reputation and that you can trust, you can feel more secure about the ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
            I think that's the reason you really need to look into the company behind the pills, not just the pills themselves. When you choose one with a solid reputation and that you can trust, you can feel more secure about the ingredients.
            Yeah, I've found that to be true for just about every product I've purchased. You really need to find out who is behind the stuff. You can't just assume that because someone says it works or that it is safe that it is. Find out who is saying it and check out their reputation. In fact, contact their customer service and don't be afraid to ask them questions. If you don't get a good vibe from the CS or they don't answer your questions to your satisfaction, take your business elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X