Has anyone tried I-Remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried I-Remove?

This is a fat binder product that's supposed to be popular in Europe and it contains a fat binder called litramine. Does this work and is it effective? Also, when it comes to fat binders, do they just prevent your body from absorbing some fat or do they also work to help you feel full, too?

I've never heard of I-remove but because it's a fat binder, I automatically don't think it's a good idea. The reason is that it does pretty much everything you shouldn't do when you want to lose weight. The first thing is that low fat diets have already been proven not to work. They're old fashioned and are partly the result of something that happened in the 70s or 80s when the sugar industry paid off researchers (possibly at Harvard, I can't remember) to prove that it was fat, not sugar that caused weight gain. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. This actually happened and it made a lot of headlines when it all came out last year. Check into it!
    THe next thing is that fats are very important as a part of your diet. The key is to eat the right ones. Many vitamins and minerals can't be absorbed by your body without fat. They're called "fat soluble" vitamins. Not only is it bad for your health when you don't get enough of them, but it's bad for your weight loss!
    Also, taking these pills teaches you nothing about how you should be eating. So even if they did work - which I don't believe - you'd have to use them for the rest of your life unless you actually change your eating habits. THat's what's going to make you lose weight and keep it off - healthy habits - not fat binders.

Comment

I have to agree with enviroTodd. about the healthy habits thing. Honestly, I don't think it matters what supplement you take to aid with weight loss - fat burner, appetite suppressant, fat binder, whatever. The only thing that's going to make you lose weight and keep it off are healthy eating and exercise habits. If you don't have that, nothing you take is going to lead to measurable fat loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        I have to agree with enviroTodd. about the healthy habits thing. Honestly, I don't think it matters what supplement you take to aid with weight loss - fat burner, appetite suppressant, fat binder, whatever. The only thing that's going to make you lose weight and keep it off are healthy eating and exercise habits. If you don't have that, nothing you take is going to lead to measurable fat loss.
        It's hard to remind yoruself of that when you just want to diet and then stop

Comment

Originally posted by TinaDancer View Post

It's hard to remind yoruself of that when you just want to diet and then stop
          Thank you TInaDancer, that's exactly how I feel about it all. I mean, I do get that of course you need to eat right and exercise, but I just really want to find something that will help me get there a little faster.

Comment

Working...
          X