No pill is a diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No pill is a diet

I just wanted to take the time to point out that no matter what you may read on a website or a product package, no over the counter pill (or a prescription one for that matter) is a diet unto itself.

I’m not against diet pills. There are a handful of really good ones out there and they can make dieting EASIER. But they don’t do the dieting for you. If a diet pill package tells you that you can take it, sit back and just watch the fat “melt” away, run like the wind. There are two reasons. 1- the product is clearly making claims it can’t live up to and 2- running will help you lose more weight than the product would ha ha.

That's actually a really good point. It's funny, though, I still look for solutions like that on ocasion even though I know they're not real haha

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
      That's actually a really good point. It's funny, though, I still look for solutions like that on ocasion even though I know they're not real haha
      LOL I think we’ve all done that at some point or another. It’s so tempting to believe that something as easy as a pill will solve all of our problems.

Comment

Very true 1000kilowatts. Weight loss comes from moving your body and eating right. Pills can help give you the motivation you need to diet and exercise and get you on the right track, but taking the pills by themselves won't see you reaching your weight loss goals any time soon. Just like everything in life, you need to work if you want results. If weight loss was truly that easy, we'd all be slim!

Comment

Ya, too bad we couldn't just take a pill and lose weight. Wouldn't that be the dream world lol. Very good point 1000kilowatts. Too many people think that pills (even those that are not for weight loss) are magical cure-alls. The reality is that a lot of the pills we take (regardless of what they may be for) are designed to help us make necessary lifestyle changes through natural means. If you're relying on pills to do all of the weight loss for you, you're not going to be satisfied with your results. And I loved your "run like the wind" statement 1000kilowatts lol

Comment

I couldn't agree more. No pill is a diet is right. I know some people take diet pills (either non-prescription or prescription) to help them lose weight, but honestly the only thing that really causes weight loss (and fat loss) is by controlling what you eat and exercising. No pill is going to make you lose weight or lose fat. It's the choices you make and the actions you take while you are on it that will have any effect at all.

Comment

Working...
            X