No announcement yet.

Pills, drops or powder - what's better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pills, drops or powder - what's better?

Does the forms that a non-prescription diet product come in matter? Is a pill more effective than powder or liquid? If so, when it comes to OTC diet pills, is there a difference between capsules or tablets in terms of efficacy?

Some people say drops are supposed to be good because they absorb into your bloodstream faster. Some people think that pills aren't as effective because some of the ingredients lose their effectiveness during the digestion process because some of them don't get fully absorbed. Personally, I don't really think there is a better one. I think it's all a matter of preference and what you believe.

Comment

Pills. Each pill has already been prepared with the proper dose. When you take powders or drops, you need to make sure you're doing it accurately all the time. You don't want to add too many drops or too few and with powder you need to measure accurately. With pills you don't have to think about any of that. You just take what is recommended. No fuss and no mesurments required.

Comment

I say pills - tablets specifically. I've always found them the easiest to take. Whether or not they are more effective than the other forms you mentioned, couldn't say, but I know what I like.

Comment

drops and powders that dissolve are the best way to ensure that you actually get as much of the ingredients from the formula as possible because they are the easiest for your system to break down and absorb. However, they are also more challenging to measure. It is easy to take just a little bit more or a little bit less without even realizing it. if you want a much more careful dose, then take the tablet or capsule. I think that capsules break down more easily in the body, as well. When it all comes down to it, as long as you have chosen a good quality product that is highly researched and understood, and isn't filled with hyped fad ingredients or toxic chemicals that will only cause you more harm than good, then it it really comes down to personal preference.

Comment

Pills. Definitely pills. Liquids,drops and powders all absorb too fast which means that they wear off fast, too. Pills take time to break down.

Comment

Thanks. That was all great advice and I appreciated your opinions. I think that while powders and drops may be more effective and powerful, pills are probably what I would still go with because I'm more likely to screw up the dosage if I had to measure things myself.

Comment

Working...
              X