herbs vs extracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herbs vs extracts

Alright, I feel dumb asking this but I really have gone long enough without knowing the answer. What is the difference between herbal ingredients and ingredients that are extracts from plants?

From what I understand of it, the difference is that a when a herb is used it is the whole unaltered herb. An extract is just one or more of the nutrients contained within the herb or other substance, not the whole thing. With extracts you receive a higher concentrated dose of one or more targeted nutrients while a herb is the whole kit and kaboodle. For instance, Vitamin C exists in an orange but a vitamin C supplement contains an extract amount of the nutrient vitamin C. Hope that made sense LOL

Comment

Thanks for that Charlotte. I was wondering the same thing as 1000kilowatts. So I guess that means extracts are more potent. Does this mean that pills containing extracts are more powerful?

Comment

That's really interesting, Charlotte. I actually had no idea that this was the difference. I wonder how they get the one little bit of the herb extracted out! Technology is freaky

Comment

Working...
        X