Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best way to determine if OTCs are safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best way to determine if OTCs are safe?

How can you tell if an OTC diet pill is safe? With so many people saying one thing and others saying something else, it is not always easy to know what to believe. I know you're supposed to look up research but what should you look for? Also, how can you tell if a pill is nothing more than a placebo?

In my personal opinion, there really is no way of knowing if anything sold on the marketing 100% safe. Everything carries a risk, even if it's just a small one. That said, all you can do is pay attention to research. Read a lot of it, not just one study. Also, find out who has studied these ingredients. If it's only the manufacturer who has conducted a study, this makes the study incredibly bias and you can't really trust it. Pay attention to what the study says. Which specific ingredients were studied and who or what were they studied on. Some studies are only conducted on rats or mice and not on actual people. Even if study participants are human, how many took part in the study and how much weight was actually lost or how long of a period of time. Essential, if you research a product and there are doubts left in your mind about its efficacy, I would just avoid it. Bottom line, don't just listen to what one person says. Gather all the facts, talk to your doctor and then form your own opinion.

Comment

WolfMoon pretty much said it. Don't forget to verify any certifications posted by the manufacturer. That can help - but still isn't a guarantee!

Comment

The best way is to talk to your doctor or a pharmacist about it

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
          The best way is to talk to your doctor or a pharmacist about it

KraftMan's right. That's really the best way to know.

Comment

Thanks. I'll do research and talk to my doctor. Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where you could just trust the claims the manufacturer makes? *sigh*

Comment

Working...
            X