Synephrine - red flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synephrine - red flag

I just wanted to take a moment to point out an ingredient that should really be avoided in non-prescription diet pills: synephrine. It might be listed under that name, citrus aurantium, bitter orange, or several other names. It’s potentially dangerous for a lot of people. It’s easy to buy, but it could spike your blood pressure to life threatening levels or cause a range of other side effects that are very hazardous. This only gets worse when it is combined with other ingredients that have stimulants like caffeine, green coffee bean extract, green tea, kava, yerba mate, and others.

Synephrine is legal but the FDA has put out a warning to consumers that cautions against it because of its effects.

The lesson: avoid synephrine and do your research so you understand what you’re taking!

Why would they put out a warning and say that it is dangerous and not ban it?

Comment

I thought that synephrine was the safe alternative for ephedra. Is that not true?

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        I thought that synephrine was the safe alternative for ephedra. Is that not true?

No, it's not. enviroTodd is right. More than one clinical study has found it to have dangerous side effects.

Bean - I guess they don't have enough evidence to official ban it. I really don't know why they allow manufacturers to use products that even show a potential to be dangerous. Isn't it better to be safe than sorry? That's why it's so important that as consumers we educate ourselves and talk with our personal healthcare providers instead of just assuming that things are safe.

Comment

Yikes! I can't believe this is true! I've seen this ingredient in more than one diet pill on the market! That's terrible that it carries these dangerous side effects. I don't understand why it is not banned. Are they waiting for lot of lawsuits before they do something about it? Gosh, who know how many other ingredient in weight loss products are not only questionable, but dangerous!

Comment

geeze that sounds like some pretty intense stuff. Thanks for the warning enviroTodd.

Comment

That is so scary! Thank u for letting us know about that envirotodd! Its such a shame that people would use dangerous substances in a diet pill formula & sell it 2 people who want 2 lose weight just so they can make money. Our world really makes me sad sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                That is so scary! Thank u for letting us know about that envirotodd! Its such a shame that people would use dangerous substances in a diet pill formula & sell it 2 people who want 2 lose weight just so they can make money. Our world really makes me sad sometimes
                Don’t be sad, BabyButtons. Be happy that you talk to people about this sort of thing before taking it and that you take part in things like this forum that help to spread the word more. I bet that you’ve already gone and told at least one other person that you’ve found this out. That person will also likely be shocked and will share that with someone else.

So the more we talk about this sort of thing, like when I just shared what I know about the dangers of synephrine, the more we’ll help as a part of a bigger effort to make sure that fewer people will be scammed by these companies that will take risk with the health of their customers.

It’s actually a positive thing. Don’t let negativity taint your energies because of something like this. Find the positivity in it so that you will enjoy pure flowing energy that will brighten your day and motivate you to continue making the right choices and changes.

Comment

This kind of thing really freaks me out. It makes me wonder what you really can trust. It's not like we can read studies about every single product we buy. How can we know what is good anymore?

Comment

I'm glad you posted this envirotodd. I have heard that bitter orange is bad. I didn't know why and I've always stayed away form it, but I'm glad I know more about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

Don’t be sad, BabyButtons. Be happy that you talk to people about this sort of thing before taking it and that you take part in things like this forum that help to spread the word more. I bet that you’ve already gone and told at least one other person that you’ve found this out. That person will also likely be shocked and will share that with someone else.

So the more we talk about this sort of thing, like when I just shared what I know about the dangers of synephrine, the more we’ll help as a part of a bigger effort to make sure that fewer people will be scammed by these companies that will take risk with the health of their customers.

It’s actually a positive thing. Don’t let negativity taint your energies because of something like this. Find the positivity in it so that you will enjoy pure flowing energy that will brighten your day and motivate you to continue making the right choices and changes.

Ur right envirotodd. It is good that we talk about it & i have told 2 of my friends who were really gald that i did cause 1 was going to take something that had bitter orange in its ingredients! I do want 2 stay positive. With friends like u its not hard 2 do!

Comment

M-Stark334 - I'm glad to have been able to spread the word just that much further. This type of thing is exceptionally important for us to know but it is not easy for us to discover. There are not enough official and highly searchable channels that give us the opportunity to inform ourselves about the true nature of what ingredients are, what they can do to us, what they have been studied to do (if at all) and at what point they become dangerous. I understand that this would be a massive undertaking, but I think that it would be more than worthwhile for a reputable medical or government organization. This is particularly true as more of us turn to the internet in order to inform ourselves about medical issues and as companies increasingly make things difficult to know what to trust.

BabyButtons – I’m happy to hear that you may have possibly saved the health of your friend! Bitter orange is one of the names of the ingredient that I find the most frustrating because it sounds like an innocent natural ingredient. It sounds like a fruit that you could buy at the supermarket. In my opinion, this is why some products choose that ingredient name to list on their packaging, as opposed to saying synephrine –they trick people into thinking that it is something harmless. I bet your friend is grateful to you. I’m glad to consider you a friend, too

Comment

I couldn't agree more enviroTodd. The ingredients that are being put in products being sold for weight loss need further and intensive study. It is hard know what to trust any more.

Comment

Thanks enviroTodd friend It is indeed a sneaky name. They should change it 2 killer orange that would get peoples attention I bet!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                              Thanks enviroTodd friend It is indeed a sneaky name. They should change it 2 killer orange that would get peoples attention I bet!
                              That's a much better idea, Babybuttons-friend Although I don't think that it would be easy to convince those pill manufacturers to call it killer orange. It may not send their sales in the direction that they were hoping. Can you imagine picking up a product that had the following ingredients: green coffee bean, acai berry, garcinia cambogia, and killer orange?

Comment

Working...
                              X