What's a good ingredient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good ingredient?

There are SO many unproven ingredients and dangerous ingredients out there. Are there any good ones that are scientifically proven to work? I don’t mean crummy proof like the stuff behind green coffee bean. I mean ACTUAL studies that aren’t preliminary that doctors would actually consider acceptable.

Anything?

That's a very good question and, unfortunately, a surprisingly hard on to answer. Believe it or not, but I think caffeine anhydrous is actually not a bad ingredient. Yes, it's caffeine and it won't be an ideal ingredient for everyone, especially those who have a sensitivity to it, but I'm pretty sure there have been lots of studies conducted on it and it has found to help with appetite suppression and definitely makes you feel more alert and energized. I'm not saying it's the best ingredient out there, but it's certainly better than a lot of the other sketchy ones out there.

Comment

Ya know, to be perfectly honest, I don't know if there are any real "good" ingredients out there. There just haven't been enough studies conducted on the substances used in most diet pills. That doesn't mean to say they don't exist, it's just hard to know what actually works well. Usually, a substance has to be studied for a very long time and tried out in different ways to really determine how effective it is on humans and in what ways. Many of the studies done on diet pill ingredients often talk about the benefits studies found but these benefits really have nothing to do with weight loss.

Comment

Thanks Tony. I'm going to look into that. I don't have problems with caffeine as long as I don't go really crazy, so that might work for me.

Thanks to you, Speeddemon, too. It's a shame that there isn't more testing going on to really learn. I bet there are a lot of really great ingredients out there and we can't take full advantage of them just because we haven't tested them fully yet. The world is so crazy sometimes!

Comment

Working...
        X