Glucomannan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glucomannan

What is glucomannan and why is it used in a lot of diet pills, especially fat blockers. Does it actually help to block the absorption of fat or does it work in some other way to assist with weight loss. Also, is it safe? Thanks.

I read a review of a diet pill that has glucomannan in it that said that the ingredient hasn't been proven yet. So whatever it's supposed to do, it's not proven

Comment

It's some sort of sugar from a plant root and when it's used in supplements, like diet pills, it becomes a fiber that absorbs water and supposedly expands in your stomach to prevent your body from absorbing a certain percentage of sugar and fat. Whatever isn't absorbed is just eliminated by your body as waste. I have no idea if that's true or not, but that's what i've read about it. There is not enough clinical evidence to backup claims made about its effectiveness as a fat blocker and for causing/aiding in weight loss, however.

Comment

Thanks Janet. That's what I wanted to know. Geeze, is there anything proven that they put in diet pills these days?

Comment

Working...
        X