Silly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question

What’s the difference between capsules and caplets? Are they the same? What about gelcaps? Are they the same as one of those things?

aren't they the same thing?

Comment

I think they are the same thing. I think the term "caplet" is also just a trendy name for capsules created by marketers. I'm pretty sure in the pharmaceutical industry there are just capsules and tablets. If you really think about it...what is a caplet? How the heck can something be a cross between a capsule and a tablet? It's one or the other not both.

Comment

I think they're the same thing too. Aren't gelcaps just capsules with casings made out of gelatin?

Comment

That's not a silly question! It's hard to tell if there is a difference or not. That being said, there IS a difference between capsules and caplets just as there is a difference between tablets and caplets. A caplet is NOT another term for a tablet. Like a tablet, a caplet is a solid pill that is made up of compressed ingredients. However, unlike tablets, caplets are usually smooth, oval shaped and coated, making them generally easier to swallow.

Comment

Working...
          X